Towel Girl

I'm glade you all are enjoying Sofia and her story. I can't wait for you all to know more about her and love her like I do.

Elena's POV

I'm happy that Sofia and Matt are doing well together. I never saw them as a couple but now I can't imagine them apart. He really cares for her and she's been there for him when no one else has. I've been keeping a secret from both of them and it's killing me. I wanted to spill to my sister this afternoon what is really bothering me about Stefan and the real reason we broke up. I shouldn't be keeping things from her but this is too big of a secret to share. Her knowing could put her in danger more than she may already be in.

"Ah, the famous Elena." The blonde girl from earlier stands in front of me with shots in hand.

"Towel girl." Is my only response.

"I've been called worse. Here." She hands me a shot and I take it but don't drink it.

"I didn't know that you guys could drink." We move to a table to rest our glasses on.

"Oh, yeah. It helps curb the cravings, but makes for a lot of lushy vamps." She quickly takes the shot and downs it.

"You know, I've never seen Stefan drunk. He always seems so..."

"Uptight?" Lexi finishes for me.

"Yeah. But not with you."

"Well, that's the benefit of knowing someone for over 100 years. You can just be yourself."

"Yeah, he can't be himself with me.

"Well not yet. The first step was him telling you. The rest comes with time."

"You seem so sure."

"The love of my life was human. He went through what I imagine you're going through. Denial, anger, et cetera. But at the end of the day, love really did conquer all." I don't know what to say to her. I talked things through with Sofia and she said to take things slow with Stefan. "Are you going to drink that?" Lexi asks pointing to the shot.

"Oh, no." I hand it over to her. "Go for it. I'm scared."

"But you're here. Cause you're crazy about him. I get it, ok? I mean, what's not to love?" We both gaze over at Stefan playing pool and I can't help but smile. "Take it from someone who's been around a long time. When it's real, you can't walk away."

"Hey Lenny, Matt asked if you want to play a round of...Oh hi. Sorry, I'm Elena's sister Sofia." Sofia shakes hands with Lexi and Lexi does that staring thing again.

"Hi, I'm Lexi a friend of Stefan's."

"Oh, right the girl in the towel."

"Sister's talk."

"Yes, we do."

"Who's older?" Lexi asked interested in Sofia.

"Elena is by like what twelve minutes?"

"You're twins." She seems surprised by this like it's something that is out of the ordinary.

"Yeah, not identical so you can still tell us apart but we do look a lot alike."

"Interesting. I was just explaining to your sister that when you know it's real with someone you don't walk away and now I'll leave you two to chat." Lexi waves goodbye and takes the other shot.

"Everything good now with you and the girl you hated like a few hours ago?"

"She's nice and I judged the situation too quickly." I keep looking back over at Stefan. Sofia reaches for my hand.