Snowflakes

Getting so close to the end of season 4!!!

"So you told your friends and sister about us." Klaus is smirking as I keep pacing around his art room.

"Wasn't how I wanted to tell them but I was pissed with them judging my decisions. They make horrible life choices but I don't make them feel guilty about it or..."

"So, I'm a horrible life choice?" He is hurt and I stride over and take his face into my hands.

"Far from it. I just didn't like them insinuating that you were the worst thing to happen to me. They don't know you as I do and they can't understand why I...why I have such deep feelings for you. But they don't need to understand."

"I want to take you away and explore the world." He declares as I stand with my back resting against his chest as he continues to paint his contribution to the Winter Wonderland.

"And where would we go?"

"Anywhere we want. I'll show the beauty of the world. Take you to all the best concerts and above all else sample the most exquisite food."

"As tempting as that is. It will have to wait." I turn to face him and place my hands on his chest.

"Why wait? We could leave now."

"Well graduation is coming up and I haven't worked so hard these past few years just to give up on it now. I can travel with you afterward but graduating is a once in a lifetime thing."

"Unless you're a vampire and like reliving high school like some individuals I know." He pokes fun of Stefan and basically his sister.

"Definitely not me. I want to do high school once and that's it. But I want to walk across that stage and have my parents proud of me."

"They're already proud of you darling." I turn my attention back to his painting admiring the darkness that also meets the light in such intricate ways.

"Looks like a giant snowflake." I flinch hearing Stefan's voice and I keep facing forward not wanting to meet his judgy eyes.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of post-modernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event."

"You said it was urgent?" Adrian one of Klaus' hybrids comes in.

"Yes. Take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Klaus orders.

"You want me to be a delivery guy?"

"What I want is for you to do whatever I say, without the attitude." Adrian picks up the painting with a roll of his eyes. "Be careful with that. It's still wet." I feel uncomfortable with Klaus and his hybrids in that I don't believe he needs them like he thought and treating them like slaves are horrible. Anytime I've mentioned it to him he justifies it saying he has many enemies, but wouldn't it be better to make people feel loyal to you because they want to and not out of fear or a sire bond?

"Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know." Stefan comments and I can't help to laugh.

"What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labor?"

"Because it's wrong. They're still people and treating them anything less than is wrong." I say and Klaus laughs.

"Oh, love they are my hybrids and will decide what is to be done with them. What are you doing here? Sofia and I were having a wonderful day." Klaus explains to Stefan.

"Elena is sired to Damon."

"What?" I ask joining them now. After yelling at everyone I left without another word. I didn't even know about Klaus' hybrids going after the girls until Bonnie called to make sure I was okay. I didn't tell Klaus about his hybrids because it would only make him more upset and want to kill or punish them. They are already treated like nothing I don't want more harm to come to them.