kissing in the moonlight

'Did you see it ?' Nick simply asked, walking into the room.

'See what.' Finn said slowly, looking up from the script.

'Millie's post.'

'Oh God, it's something about Jacob, isn't it?' Finn asked, squinting his eyes with annoyance.

'Well... Yeah.'

Finn sighed deeply and gave one last glance at Nick before grabbing his phone and getting into Instagram. The photo of Millie and Jacob standing at the beach in the moonlight popped up.

Standing and kissing.

He closed the app, threw his phone on the couch and hid face in his hands.

'Does she have to shove it in people's faces like this?' he said with low voice, trying hard to stay calm.

'I thought you've got over her.'

'I did. Or I thought I did. It was easier when I was in other country, you know? When I didn't have to see her every day and was busy with filming.' he sighed. 'You think why I agreed to all these projects and movies while recording Calpurnia's EP all at one time? Why I haven't got one free day since November?' he said with exasperation.

'Finn-' Nick tried to say something comforting, but got interrupted.

'I need fresh air.' Finn said, standing up and shutting the door behind him. He went out straight to his trailer, suddenly remembering that he shares it with Millie.

'God, whose idea it was to give us the common trailer? They are trying to kill me.' he thought, climbing up the steps and opening the door to their trailer. She obviously was there, sitting on the couch. She looked up at him briefly, saying hello and then continued looking at her phone, when suddenly she burst out laughing, still scrolling through Instagram.

'Did you see Ariana's comment under my last photo? She's so funny!' she giggled.

Fuck, he didn't care. He didn't care about Ariana's comment, about anyone's comment actually. And he for sure didn't care about her last photo on Instagram, didn't care about her relationship and her stupid boyfriend. Why did he even come here? It wasn't the best idea, given the circumstances.

Somehow, he couldn't believe that this person, sitting in front of him, had always made him so happy. He couldn't forget this ridiculously big smile plastered across his face whenever he saw her entering the room. That whenever they were at the interview or panel or wherever, he always searched for her eyes in those big, crowded spaces among all these nameless people. It was only a couple of months ago.

Feels like forever.

'Yeah, great. Leave me alone.' he said with exasperation.

'What? You want me to leave you alone? What happened?' her eyes widened in disbelief. He had never been this rude towards her, ever.

'I'm done with you and your stupid relationship, okay? You can do what you want and be with whoever you want. I couldn't care less. Just leave me out of this, for fuck's sake!' he snapped.

'What? I really don't know what you're talking ab-'

'Oh really?' he interrupted her with fake amusement.

'Really!' she said, standing up and crossing her arms defensively, clearly annoyed with his attitude.

'Hmm, let's see... What about twitting this whole Snowball kiss scene with cringey caption to make Jacob jealous?' he said with raising anger in his voice. His words made a realization look on her face which then turned into remorse.