as long as I'm here

She was there.

She was, she really was, so close to him, so real, safe and alive.

A sudden wave of relief rushed through him as his feet quickly took him towards her. Nothing else mattered in that moment, only her and her safety, only her little body curled up on the floor.

'El!'

He kneels in front of her, his arms pulling her towards him as if an invisible force guiding him and immediately he was aware of every part of her. There it was.

Her broken, wavered voice. Her trembling lips. Her warmth as her hands delicately touched his face, bringing him closer. Her floral scent. Her messy hair tickling his cheek. Her numb, desperate fingers threading through his dark locks.

'You're okay...' she whispers as a sharp gasp, a quiet cry of relief escapes her lips.

Finn hears her faint, almost inaudible voice as if her words weren't supposed for the cameras, but for him and him only. As if she really was El, as if she was a young teenage girl scared for her boyfriend's life.

There was no Eleven without Millie, no Mike without Finn, no Mileven without Fillie.

He knew that sometimes Millie wasn't even able to draw a line between acting and reality, between the truth and a lie...

Now, with her in his arms, he knew, he wasn't able to do it, either.

Not now, not when his arms were wrapped around her, causing him to melt into the warmth of her body. Not now, not with the feeling of their hearts beating against each other. Not now, not with his face hidden in the crook of her neck. Not now, not with her breath against his skin tickling him as she desperately gasped for air. Not now, not when her hands were clutching his face, holding him pressed so close to her as if he was her lifeline, as if her life depended on it. Not now, not when he held her against his heart, not being able to let her go. Not now, not when all he could see were her eyes. Not now, not when her forehead touched his. Not now, not when she tilted her head to the side, gently brushing her nose against his.

Not now.

Not now, not when she pressed the tiniest of kisses to his lips, so softly and carefully that he almost thought it was just his imagination. A dream.

A kiss that wasn't in the script.

A little moment, a few precious seconds when he could be with her, when he couldn't feel anything that wasn't her. That moment was only theirs, not Mike's and Eleven.

It was for Finn and Millie, only for them.

He tensed at first, a surprised gasp leaving his mouth, a small breath trapped between their lips because... They couldn't. They weren't supposed to do that.

They both knew it.

He had no idea what it meant. Was it El kissing Mike because they both had just escaped the death? Were El and Mike kissing because it was the only thing they could possibly do right now?

Or was it...

'Mills?'

He says her name, his voice hushed, but loud enough for her to hear. All he gets in response is another light touch of her lips, light as butterfly's wings, and he can't help but melts right into it, kissing her back, his lips moving against hers as if on instinct.

It's lasted two seconds, maybe three, but it was enough. Enough to change everything.

He knew everyone was there, other actors, members of the crew, directors, everyone, everyone watching them. But their lips, connected in such a sweet, loving, irresistible way, hidden behind the curtain of her hair, were supposed to remain their secret.

They were in this together. For a little while, as long as they both were here... They belonged to each other.

It was everything he wanted.

And yet, he still doesn't know how to name it, something that connects them in such a beautiful way, something that tied them with that strong, invisible bond, something silent surrounding them like unspoken words, something only two of them could understand.

It's like... It's like a feeling. A feeling that he has known since a very first day, since he has first laid his eyes on her.

No, he doesn't know how to name it. But it doesn't matter.

His heart knew.

And, for now, it is enough.

...

A/N

this is for Beyz, the kindest and most precious soul I know, I love you so much my baby baby :( I'm holding your hand and never letting go, always remember that 💖 Happy birthday! -mileveness

hi people,

I know it's short but I couldn't make it longer, that scene literally lasted 5 seconds lmao

Anyway, tell me what you think?

love you,

ane