#3 -so stay a sec

He was so close and she wanted him to kiss her.

So bad.

It would be so easy for him to just lean in and close that little distance between them.

But that couldn't happen. He didn't plan to do it. He wasn't ready to take a risk. If he would kiss her as Finn, not on the set, but for real... There would be no way back.

'Finn... I'm so sorry.' she said quietly. She hid her face into his chest, hugging him tighter. 'But you know that I've got a-'

'A boyfriend, yeah, you've made it pretty clear to me.' he said, his voice emotionless.

'I'm sorry, Finn, I don't know what to-'

'Stop it. Don't do that. I don't need your pity.' he said, stepping away from her.

'It's not a pity! You know how much I... How much your friendship means to me-' she said, but he interrupted her.

'No. I can't... It's not enough for me, Millie. Not anymore.'

She was just looking at him with pleading eyes, shaking her head.

'What... what about me?' he asked. He still hoped she'll change her mind.

That she will listen to her heart. Just for once.

'What about you? What do you mean?' she asked with confusion.

'You're still gonna be with Jacob? After all that happened between us? You're still gonna be with him?'

'Yes.' she said simply.

He snorted, shaking his head with disbelief.

She was unbelievable.

'Have a happy life with him, Mills.' he said sarcastically.

She opened her mouth to say something, but he cut her off. He had enough.

'I'm done. I think you should go.' he said sternly.

'What?' she asked. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

'You heard me.'

'We need to talk about it, Finn! You can't pretend like you didn't just admit that you have feelings for me!' she exclaimed.

'As if you didn't just do the same!'

'Actually, I didn't say anything.' she said defensively.

'You didn't deny it, either. Maybe you're a good actress, but you're a terrible liar, Mills.' he said. Deep inside he knew she loved him. Why won't she just admit it?

'I... I don't know what to tell you.' she said. She really wasn't ready to reveal her feelings. Not now.

'If you still want to live in denial and pretend you don't have feelings for me, then there's nothing to say. You should go.' he said sternly.

'We can't pretend that it didn't happen!' she said with disbelief.

'All I'm doing in my life is pretending. I've been hiding my feelings for a couple of months, I've gotten pretty good at it.'

'Finn, you can't-'

'Stop it. Go.' he said, defeated. 'Just go.'

She was just standing there, looking at him with sad eyes. After a couple seconds she walked away, giving him one last glance before disappearing behind the corner.

He slammed the trailer's wall in frustration with his fist. But that didn't help.

At all.

He leaned on the wall and hid his face in his hands. God, how will he be able to look at her from now on? He just admitted that he is in love with his co-worker and she doesn't love him back. Or maybe she is, but she doesn't want to admit it.