#2 -is all it takes

So that was it. The 18th of June.

She was ready. She got dressed and had her hair and makeup done.

She got into the car. Finn was sitting there already with the rest of the kids. And he looked...

Wow.

Millie, you've got a boyfriend, she had to remind herself.

But she couldn't help it, he looked really cute in that dark blue suit, white shirt, black bow tie and curly hair nonchalantly falling on his forehead. And those freckles...

He smiled when she sat beside him.

'Hi.'

'Hi.'

'Ready for the big day?' Finn asked her.

'Yeah...' she said quietly.

'Stressed?'

'A little.' she sighed.

Finn opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted.

'I bet you both are freaking out that you have to kiss in front of all these people, huh?' Gaten asked, with big goofy smile.

'It is still a possibility that we won't win, Gaten,' Finn said, rolling his eyes.

'Yeah, but what if-'

'Then we're gonna kiss, it's not like we haven't done this before.' Finn said.

'Yeah, but this one is different.' Caleb said.

'Why?'

'Because this is not the set of "Stranger Things", it's real life.' Caleb continued.

'Even if we win we don't have to kiss, they can't make us.' Finn said.

'Yeah, totally.' Caleb confirmed.

'But you're gonna do it, right?' Gaten asked, with hope in his eyes.

'It's up to Millie.' Finn said, looking at her.

'Yeah. We're gonna do it.' Millie said, looking into Finn's eyes with a little smile, making him blush.

'Haha, I knew it!' Gaten said triumphantly.

'Why do you care so much, by the way?' Finn laughed, averting his eyes from Millie.

'Uhm... No reason.' Gaten said innocently, taking 100$ from suddenly annoyed Caleb and hiding bill in his pocket. Fortunately, both Millie and Finn didn't see it.

.

'And the winners for the Best Kiss nominee are...' man cut off, making a dramatic pause. 'Millie Bobby Brown and Finn Wolfhard from "Stranger Things"!'

'Oh God, this is really happening.' she thought, as she saw the audience's reaction, clapping and cheering loudly. She looked into Finn's eyes, taking a deep breath. He got up and stretched out his hand, which she took, getting up from her seat. Hand in hand they went onto the stage. They took the award and Finn leaned into the microphone.

'Hello.' he smiled awkwardly. 'Uhm... We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys and of course my scene partner Millie who was the one who suggested this kiss into the script.'

She giggled and leaned into the microphone beside him.

'We wouldn't be here also without our incredible characters. Mike and Eleven are in love and that's a fact. You can see it when Mike looks at El like there is no one else in the world. He cared for her since the very beginning when he took her from the storm. He called her every night, even though he didn't know if she was still there.' she said, breaking eye contact with the audience and saying latter words looking at Finn. 'We are both really grateful that we've got a chance to show a millions of people the portrayal of real, the most innocent, the purest love that ever existed.'

He smiled at her.

'And let's not forget that El literally sacrificed herself for Mike because his life seemed more important to her.' he said to the microphone and then turned towards her. 'Like... I can't imagine more beautiful kind of love – when you put someone's life above yourself. And you want to protect this person at all costs.'

He did a little pause.

'It is very rare to find real love at the age of twelve.' he said, still looking at her.

She looked into his dark brown eyes. The very same eyes which were looking at her in the casting room a few years ago. He looked at her like there was no one else there and she wasn't so sure when Mike starts and Finn ends, same with Eleven and Millie.

They didn't break eye contact for almost the whole speech and the audience started to question if they still were talking about their characters.

'Thank you guys.' he ended, averting his eyes from her.

'Thank you.' she said. To Finn or to the fans, she didn't know.

Suddenly "Every breath you take" started playing from the speakers, making them to look at each other with a little smile.

'Oh, and let's not forget this iconic line "I'm coming in." Finn said to the microphone, making the audience laugh.

Then he turned to her with a question in his eyes. She nodded with a little smile. He put her hands on his arms which she moved to the back of his neck, feeling his curls under her fingertips. He put his hands on her hips with a Mike goofy smile and started to sway to the music. He was way taller than her. She had to stand on her toes and pull him a little closer when he was leaning to kiss her. She felt his lips on hers as he closed the distance between them.

And suddenly everything disappeared. There was no music, no people, no cameras. It was only her and him.

She felt his lips moved against hers. The kiss was short, but definitely it was real – not just a peck like at the snowball. She internally thanked a makeup artist for good covering foundation because she was sure that she would be blushing like crazy right now.

When they parted she looked up at him with a shy smile. On the other hand, he couldn't take off a big smile from his face and he didn't even try. He leaned in a little, resting his forehead on hers.

It wasn't Mileven kiss, not for her. That moment made her realize that she won't be able to hide her feelings for him anymore.

But... Was it really 'it'?

How do you know if you love someone?

All she knew that whatever she was feeling was so overwhelming that made her think that her heart was suddenly too small to contain all of this.

The sudden clapping from the audience startled them, making them pull away from each other as they came back to reality.

'Thank you once again. Bye bye.' Finn said to the microphone, taking the award, pulling Millie from the stage and holding her hand.

'Bye!' she waved at the audience and followed him to their seats, their fingers still entwined.

'God, Fillie shippers will go crazy.' he said quietly. She smiled.

Yeah, they definitely will.

(2/2)