#2 -alone with you-

'Let's get you home, okay?' Mike asked.

El nodded slowly, still sobbing in his arms.

Mike buried his nose in her curls, squeezing his eyes shut as more tears rolled down his cheeks.

He wished he could take away her pain.

'Cut!' Shawn exclaimed. 'Great job, kids! It was... It was amazing, really.' he said, mesmerized by their work.

There was a silence on the set. This scene was so powerful, so touching that no one knew what to say.

Finn looked down at Millie who was still gripping his T-shirt. She didn't stop crying, her back shivered with every shaky breath.

'Mills?' he asked quietly, soothingly rubbing her back in small circles.

She shook her head no, not saying anything. She was exhausted after all this screaming, after this fighting and crying...

She just wanted to cry till there were no tears left. But the only thing she really wanted was to stay in Finn's arms, just listening to his hearbeat, not caring about anything.

She never felt so safe in her life. And he seemed to understand that as he hugged her tighter.

'Millie? Are you okay?' Shawn approached them, seeing that they still didn't get up from the ground.

She nodded sligthly, her eyes tightly squeezed shut, her face still buried into Finn's chest.

'I'll take care of her.' Finn said, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand and standing up carefully.

'Are you sure? We-'

'Yes.' he said firmly, pulling Millie by her hands to help her up.

They walked away towards their trailer, his arm wrapped around her as they walked up the stairs and got inside.

He guided her to the couch. They both sat down next to each other and he immediately gathered her in his arms. She wrapped her arm across his stomach, resting her head on his chest.

'Mills... Maybe I could call Paige or-' he started, but she cut him off, shaking her head. A few more tears rolled down her cheeks.

He reached and wiped them away with his thumb.

The truth was, she felt stupid. She just cried because of fictional characters.

It happened before, during the second season when she cried after the scene with Kali and Brenner. She also cried after one of the scenes while shooting the third season. But deep inside she knew that this emotional scene wasn't the only reason of her tears.

They were wrapping up the last episode of last season now. She was much older and maybe it was stupid to cry like a baby, but she couldn't help it. It was too much.

'Mills...' he whispered, kissing her head. 'Hey, it's okay.'

To be honest, he didn't expect her to say anything, but...

'No.' she said quietly, her voice trembled.

'What?'

'It's not okay.' she said without giving him any explanation.

'Why?' he asked, frowning slightly.

She only hugged him tighter, not really knowing what's gotten into her, why she was like this. Maybe because suddenly she was aware of everything around her.

The familiar scent of his cologne in her nostrils, his lips on her forehead, his hands rubbing circles on her back. He was everywhere.

And it was one of the last times when they were like this, just holding each other without a word. After the premiere of last season he will be gone, shooting some movies on the other side of the country or something like that. He will be somewhere far away.

She will lose him.

He was her best friend. Their eyes had met on the hallway before the audition a couple of years ago and it was like the world stopped turning. Suddenly, it was just the two of them and it seemed like they had known each other forever. Or as if they had met before in another life.

They didn't even know how to explain it. They had no idea how to name their feelings. It was more than friendship, it was more than the connection...

For them it was totally unexplainable.

She couldn't stand the thought that this is over. That after all those years this is really over. She knew that this day will come someday, but she wasn't ready, she really wasn't ready.

That thought was enough to make her cry again as she pressed her lips together, trying to hold back a sob, burying her face into the crook of his neck. 

It tickled when her soft lips brushed his skin.

'Mills?'

He thought that she was calm, but it looked like out of nowhere the next wave of sadness washed over her. He didn't know what to do.

He leaned back enough to look at her, making her pull away from his chest. She slowly looked up and their eyes met. And suddenly he forgot how to breathe, but... The look in her eyes was so overwhelming that he didn't dare to look away.

She was looking at him so intently that she seemed to be memorizing him.

'Finn...' she whispered.    

And maybe it was true. Because God only knows when she will get the chance to be like this with him again, to be able to just look into his dark eyes, to count his freckles, to have a chance to hug him as if there were nothing else around them.

Just... He couldn't get rid of a feeling that this is Eleven looking at Mike, especially that they were still in their costumes. She was looking at him with so much affection, with so much... love.

Like Eleven whenever she sees Mike.

Her gaze flicked between his eyes and his lips. He could feel her warm breath on his cheek. Their noses bumped lightly when she tilted her head to the side.

And he automatically did the same. Without thinking.

She leaned in towards him slowly, still leaving some distance between them, their breaths mingling with each exhale.

And he did the same, leaning towards her, their eyes slowly fluttering shut.

Her breath ragged, her heart was thumping heavily in her chest, there was no way he didn't hear that. He was so close she almost felt his lips on hers.

They were about to cross the line between their friendship and something... something more.

Or maybe there has always been something more between them. Maybe they were just too afraid to admit it.

He was scared of pressing his lips to hers, of closing that little distance.

It could make everything between them complicated. They had a lot to lose.

Who wouldn't be terrified?

(2/3)

...

A/N

As you can see, this Mileven oneshot was an exception

Rita you were right - they were doing a scene, I'm so predictable lmao

Love you 💕

a.