The Shadow Web

Noah's irregular setup from last week's installment makes a reappearance this episode. The only difference is that the background looks to be a glossy apartment dorm rather than the dimly lit bedroom of a house.

"Hey guys, Noah here!  Thanks to the break-in from last episode, we're staying in an apartment for a couple days just to be safe. Still grounded though, so... I guess all I can do is another Dark Web video? Because the last one went sooo great..." he rolls his eyes, cringing at all the still fresh memories of being a Red Room star."I'm real sorry if you aren't digging these types of videos guys, but I promise I'll be back to form by next week! Let's just try to make the best of this," he assures as he boots his laptop and its capture card up once more. "So instead of just combing the Dark Web again, I thought to dig a little deeper this time. And after hours...well, minutes, of looking, I managed to get my hands on this thing called The Shadow Web Browser. I heard the Shadow Web is like, the Dark Web's final circle of Hell or something hardcore like that. But we'll just have to see ourselves!"

Rather than opening ANN, Noah logs into another browser, labelled "The Shadow Web Portal". Its home page is a full-screen image of a dark, foreboding subway stairwell, like the one Noah descended down in the beginning of his unwitting Site-19 exploration. He clicks in the center of the screen, the black abyss at the stairwell's foot, and is taken to what looks like a darker and edgier version of The Dark Wiki. Even seedier digital content to explore.

"Pay 2 Rape
DarkBook
Burned At The Stake
The Pedo Handbook"

"Well, let's check out the only one of those that DOESN'T sound overtly horrible," Noah sighs in an 'already done with this shit' tone as he clicks on 'DarkBook'. What follows is an agonizingly slow progress bar. "Uuuugh!" Noah groans like a whiny bored kid. "Sorry about the load time guys, The Deep Web is already slow, couple that with the crappy apartment Wi-Fi and we're gonna be here a while."

When DarkBook finally scrambles itself together onto Noah's screen, it turns out to be a gothic social network.

"Oh, so it's like an emo version of Facebook, awesome! I'd make an account but I am NOT visiting the Shadow Web regularly! Let's just check out the status update feed."

"FML - Posted 1 minute ago: I just watched Daisy's Destruction on here. Literally contemplating suicide now.
ChloE - Posted 1 minute ago: Has anyone heard of 'Noir'? I've been skimming through tons of Dark Web conspiracy boards and some say they're this cult of creepy home invaders dressed in all black except for white masks. Pretty sure they're just The Strangers ripoffs.
ShadowWeeb - Posted 2 minutes ago: The Red Room host is my waifu.
bsbb - Posted 2 minutes ago: I wish Luka Kumiega did hits on kids. Babysitting is the WORST!!
goodluck - Posted 3 minutes ago: http://2d64199b3ef6b7e8092209b870fef4d8.tsp"

"Oo, a link!" Noah brightens up as he highlights the address and copies it. "I'll save that for later. Let's stick with The Shadow Wiki for now."

This time, he thankfully edits out the wait involved in returning to the Shadow Web directory for a new batch of links to skim through.

"Little Friends
MySisters
Flesh Trade
The Gatekeeper
Black Hat Post"

"Black Hat Post..." he reads as he selects it with the crunch of his mouse 1. "I read when I was researching for this video that a white hat is a hacker that uses his skills for good things, like testing software security, while a black hat hacker...well, we'll see."

The webpage loads and it's a forum with a black and lime color scheme, formatted like a Q&A. The front page is a feed of the most "RECENT REQUESTS".

"REQ> 212-838-7743. This is the phone number of the asshole who my wife is fucking behind my back. I can't find him in the phone book or WhitePages.
RES> His name is Kyle Pinkman, he lives at 569 Stuart Street Alquippa PA, and he works at 1846 Brookwood St."

The next request is accompanied by a picture of a girl definitely taken without her knowledge.

"REQ> who is this woman?
RES> She's a small-time model, Hannah De Bauch. I can't find her address but her mobile phone number is 609-555-7428 and its last known location was 40.0583° N, 74.4057° W.

"REQ> Where is Noah Riverwood?
RES> He's currently staying at 100 Congress St, Apt. 84 Springfield, MA. Have fun."