Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Nick was working on laptop in his study room while Piyali enters in.

"You are working yet, it's fifteen past 12, hurry up and come to sleep." Piyali said yawning cutely.

"No Piyali, I can't. You go and sleep, I have to finish this work and it will take one more hour." He explained and resumed his work.

Piyali nodded and went. After five minutes she came with two coffee mugs. She handed him one and sat across his study table.

"Thanks for the coffee." Nick said smiling with gratitude.
"Anytime .." she responded sipping on her coffee.

"May I help you?" She asked a little after as she didn't want to go to bed alone.
"Thanks but no need. You should go to sleep honey." Nick replied, his gaze fixed on his laptop screen.

"Come on Nick. Tell me if I can help you with some thing?" She insisted stubbornly. This time Nick glanced at her, he knows she wouldn't let it go.

"Ok, this is bunch of quotations, you need to check all the calculations. Later I will recheck them." He handed a bunch in her hand which she took happily.

Nick watched her in between, she was so engrossed in work and doing it very cautiously.

"I think you don't need to recheck those calculations again but for your own satisfaction you can recheck them." Piyali said.

"I will see that. Now let's go to sleep." Nick said smiling at her , she nodded returning her smile.

Piyali changed into one of Nick's t-shirt and sweatpants and slept beside him.

Nick scooted her closer to him and she willingly came , resting her head near his chest.

"Piyali..."

" Hmm?"

"Do you want to work, in company? Is that what you want?" He asked her, he doesn't want her to lock in house and remain housewife against her wish.

"Actually I like doing all that work too but for now I don't feel like joining office. Mom would feel alone at home and I don't want that. In fact I am loving all this, doing household chores and spending time with mom." She explained solemnly.

"Okay, I am happy that you are happy." He said rubbing circles on back of her palms. Later, two of them drifted to slumber after saying their good night to each other.

to be continued....

A/N - I know this chapter is just filling chapter and not much interesting or anything special but I promise next updates will be much more exciting.