💕His Green Eyes | Tododeku

Midoriya panted heavily, bellowing out of breath and placing his hands on his knees as he stared absentmindedly at the moist soil that was drenched when it rained an hour ago. The young male looked back to see if he was being followed and heaved out a heavy sigh of relief and pressed his back against the bark of a sturdy tree. His head was throbbing as he remembered the eventful evening he endured, smiling unconsciously when a certain male entered his mind effortlessly.

His freckled cheeks disclosed a bright red while leaving a burning sensation and his stomach getting butterflies. He didn't know how he should be feeling after having a dance with the one and only Todoroki Shouto. He's very intelligent, athletic, mysterious given his stoic demeanor and is usually mute but when he was able to spend time with him, Todoroki was actually more social.

Of course when Midoriya saw Todoroki coming his direction, he was dubious but when the striking epiphany hit him, Midoriya was speechless and didn't know how to react. Todoroki asked benevolently if he could dance with Midoriya and Midoriya being his usual timid self, couldn't process what was happening. His good friend, Ochako, pushed him towards the other male to save him the embarrassment and that he should thank her later. Midoriya was actually grateful that she did do that because if it wasn't for her, Midoriya would of never had a great dance with Todoroki (despite the whole school watching in astonishment which made Midoriya flustered the whole time). After the dance, the two males had great conversations and ate the food that was being catered.

Everything was going well until Midoriya was now internally cursing himself out for being very bashful and scared. A kiss Todoroki was leaning in for and Midoriya had prepared for this moment but when their lips were mere inches apart, Midoriya hastily thanked him and bid him goodbye before sprinting away. Thus, he ends up here; dressed in his white formal tuxedo with a flustered expression and a masquerade mask over his face. It didn't take long for his phone to ring and he already had a hunch about who was calling. When he hit the answer button, a certain brunette screamed, "WHAT THE HECK, DEKU?!"

Midoriya anxiously chuckled before replying in a low tone, "You saw, didn't you?" "Of course I saw and I am extremely disappointed!"

Midoriya sighed and dropped his head in defeat, "I'm disappointed in myself too," He used his free hand to move his masquerade mask off from his eyes and up on his head, "I just...I just couldn't bring myself to do it because I think Todoroki deserves better than someone like me. We're two completely different people and..." Midoriya felt his voice trail off when he realized how in debt he was going and heaved out a sigh. "I know just how you feel," Ochako said a brief moment later, the ends of her lips curling upwards when she looked in front of her watching as her date, Momo, dance with their other friends.

"I thought the same with Momo and I, Momo is very rich and has so many talents and I'm just an average girl who wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth but guess what? We're still together, closer than ever and two months strong!" She exclaimed, holding out two fingers in front of her animatedly before realizing what she was doing and blushed in embarrassment.

"L-Like I was saying, despite the many things that makes you and that special person different from each other, you'll never know how good you two are together if you don't give it a try,"

Midoriya was at a loss of words knowing how right his friend was and nodded, "Thanks for that, Ochako–"

"You're welcome! Say, are you gonna come back to the dance? There's still an hour left for fun!"