💕The World He Could See | Deaf!Todoroki

'What is it that I want?'

A certain tall, slender man stood in front of the line of a small quaint, yet popular cafe that was known for their delicious pastries and exquisite coffee, which he was here to try. He wasn't much of a coffee person, but after working a long shift whilst only receiving a minimum of four hours of sleep, the fatigue was catching up to him.

As he pondered, grasping his chin lightly in between his index and thumb, he stared attentively at the menu displayed overhead to see his options. While everything going on in his world seem quiet and nonchalant, he didn't notice the long line of people behind him shouting indignantly and stating harsh remarks.

The barista who stood behind the cashier frowned at the thought of people being impertinent, but he too wondered why it was taking the man so long to order.

He scrutinized his appearance: a stainless grey sweater with a puffy collar securing his neck, black skinny jeans and black dress shoes. He wore a small golden necklace, his heterochromic eyes that glinted through his thick-rimmed glasses that dangled from the bridge of his button nose, which he pushed up on instinct with the reflect of the sun's rays bouncing off and his white locks that were slicked back by gel while his red hair dangled freely in the form of a bang, nearly covering his alluring azure irises that was surrounded by some sort of burn-induced scar. In spite of that and his sharp facial features, he gave a captivating aspect that intrigued the barista before him who couldn't lay his inquisitive forest green eyes off of him.

It wasn't until the man looked down at him where their eyes met, the smaller male tensing up as the burn in his cheeks formed and a warm feeling coursed through his body. He shifted around on his feet to get comfortable and parted his lips to say something, but their gaze was cut short when the man's eyes shifted back towards the menu.

'The caramel frappuccino looks quite delectable' He thought, raising up a reluctant hand to to point but it quickly went back in his pocket with such haste.

The barista sealed his lips as they were pursed; the blush on his cheeks dwindling as he felt stricken with embarrassment.

"Come on, we've been waiting forever!"

"I have a meeting in fifteen minutes!"

"Just choose something already!"

The barista gave an eye roll at the agitated crowd and wondered how the man before him wasn't wavered by their impudent remarks, matter of fact, he didn't seem faltered at all as if their sly comments aren't fazing him.

It's as if he couldn't hear them.

That's when it clicked to him.

The barista waved his hand in front of him, grabbing his attention and flashed him a warm smile, a red hue still tainting his freckled cheeks. The man was quite puzzled as to why the barista did that but it soon clicked to him when he watched as he brought his hands up and made signs with his hands "Ready to order?" The barista exchanged a bemused expression and felt his face soften when he saw a small smile form on his pursed lips.

"One caramel frappuccino please, extra sugar and a bagel with cream cheese," The other man signed, heart completely overwhelmed with joy but his stoic demeanor remained, unfaltering.

"Is that it?" The barista signed, arching a quizzical brow.

"That's it, thank you very much,"

"My pleasure, your order will be with you momentarily." They both waved to each other, concluding their conversation and whilst the deaf man was done ordering, the barista was able to tend to the annoyed customers behind who's eyes look like it'll bulge out of their sockets.