Ch.60 craving a fire

Annas POV

I woke up the feeling of fire all over my body. That's when I realized I was laying next to Joey as he caresses my arm with his soft hand.

I yawned leaning up looking at the time on the alarm clock. 8:23 am

"Did you get any sleep"-I asked rubbing my eyes as I sat up on my bed

"No I was busy making sure you got sleep"-he said looking at me his beautiful hazel eyes a shade darker

Did he find the bottle?

He couldn't have i his it?

"You didn't have to do that"-I said shaking my head he sat up leaning his back against the head board. I noticed the small bruise on his cheek bone under his left eye, the gash on his bottom lip and jaw bone, and the sleep deprived circles under both his eyes.

"Yeah I did Anna I know you ha-"

"What happened to you"-I said moving closer to get a better look

"Nothing"-he looked to the side

I straddled his waist as I slowly moved my hand towards his face gently rubbing my thumb over his bruise. He winced

"Joey"-I said grabbing his chin so he was looking at me "what happened"-I asked worried as I looked from his bruise, to the gashes on his lip and jaw, and so forth.

"It's doesn't matter"-he said through gritted teeth.

"Did Eric do this"-I asked as I held his face gently with my right hand.

"No"

"Who did"

He didn't respond I stood up from my bed grabbing his hand as I walked across the wooden floor path lined with stacks of books.

"Where are we going"

It was my turn not to respond I opened my bathroom door turning on the light as I grabbed a few things from the cabinets as I took a seat on the cold granite counter top.

"This might hurt"-I said softly soaking a cotton ball in rubbing alcohol.

He stood between my legs with his hands resting on either side of the counter.

He winced when I started to dab the gags on his jaw.

"Sorry"

"It's okay"-he sighed moving his hands to my thighs. I tensed up for a bit but it faded once I got used to the heat of the fire he was causing with one simple touch.

I let out staggered breaths trying to balance how nervous I was.

"You okay"-he asked looking at me.

I nodded my head avoiding eye contact as I continued to dab the gash.

"Are you gonna tell me what happened"-I asked bitting my lip as I focused on his defined jaw line.

"Nope"

"Why not"-I asked looking at his eyes...those beautiful eyes

"Because"

I sighed

"Why can't you just tell me"

"I don't want to disappoint you"-he replied looking at me I saw the worry in his eyes.

"Did you win"-I asked with a raised eye brow and slight smirk

He nodded with a slight smile as he looked down a bit before regaining eye contact.