Ch. 67 few months

I watched as Sydney laughed with her minions a few seats ahead of us. My nose has been scrunched up in disgust since I she sat down.

"I hate her." I stated taking my eyes off Sydney and looking towards the field. Where the game was.

"So do I."
"Why do you think she was in England for so long."
"Family?.... I don't care."
"I wish she would've stayed there...but I'd feel bad for everybody in England."

Kenzie laughed along with me.

"Well hello miss Anna." I rolled my eyes at the high pitched annoying voice. "Long time no see." She said with an ugly smile on her face as she stood in front of me.

"Not long enough." I retorted looking past her towards the field.

"I heard you and Joey got close while I was gone."
"Mhm"
"That's gonna have to end."
"Whatever."
"I'm serious Williams."
"Look can you leave I've already lost to many brain cells and I'd rather not have the IQ of a onion ring."

She rolled her eyes turning around on her six inch red heels as she walked down the metal stairs of the bleachers.
________

"You did awesome." I smiled at joey as I held my jacket with both hands.

"Thanks." He smiled bringing me into a hug.

"Alright everyone wants to go to Buffalo Wild Wings is that alright?" Alex asked I nodded.

"Cool. Um I can for a few people in the Jeep and Henry Dawson said he has room in his truck for the others. Everyone else can catch a ride with friends."
"Way to lead the team tonight Williams."
"Yeah nice job tonight Alex."
"Not to shabby captain."

I rolled my eyes walking towards the Jeep behind the herd of swines I front of me.
______

"So on a scale from 1-10 how great did I do tonight."
Joey asked a cocky tone in his voice and a raised eyebrow.
I let out a low laugh before looking away biting my lip to illustrate that I was thinking.
"Ehh...maybe a 7, maybe." I giggled as he gasped at my comment.
"Please I was fantastic."
I shrugged.
"Still a seven."
"Oh yeah."
"Yeah."
"Alright I'll take a seven" he shrugged.
"But did you see Ethan? He did phenomenal."

I watched as joeys expression changed I laughed hitting his arm. "Kidding."
"Better be."
_______

Everyone was talking about how good they did in the game I analyzed everyone's tone, expression, posture and gestures they used as they talked it was part of what I did to get to really understand everyone that's how I realized Joey wasn't who everyone thought he was. In fact he became something so important to me. Within a few months.
______

THE STORYS NOT OVER THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE LAST. make sure to check out my other joey fan fiction it would mean the world I just published it a few hours ago. LY

-Lexi 💗