Chapter 6

As soon as the door to our apartment closed, I collapsed on the couch in sheer exhaustion. It wasn't the gym hours that had put me into overdrive, it was the hyperactivity of my brain and the awkwardness of today. Finn kicked his shoes off at the door before sitting on the end of the couch, resting his head on his right knuckles. His face was painted with a mixture of emotions.

I could read him, but no where near as efficiently or precisely as he could ready me.

After a moment of silence, I readjusted myself on the couch so I was leaning into my boyfriends chest. His left arm wrapped protectively around my torso, holding me close to him. My eyes flickered shut as my muscles relaxed into his side.

One thing that Finn could always provide me with was reassurance. His presence was all consuming and it emersed me in feelings of comfort and safety. It was like he had a protective aura surrounding him that transferred to my body when he touched me.

More than half a year into dating and almost a year into flirting, and Finn's simple gaze turned me into a pile of incomprehensible words and mumbled phrases.

"Have you talked to your professors about missing class for next week?" Finn asked after a while of cuddling in comfortable silence.

"Yeah. They weren't happy about it, but the court calls. I suppose there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's not like they can complain." I ranted slightly. I felt his body shift under mine as he reached to grab the remote off of our glass coffee table and click on the tv.

"Are you going to force me to watch 'Say Yes to The Dress' again since none of our shows are on?" He asked while flipping though the channels.

"If this is you asking for permission to watch baseball, then I'm denying. I'm not looking to die of boredom." I muttered a response while nuzzling myself deeper into his warmth.

"And what is this? A gentle descent into a coma?"

"Oh shut up. You love it and you know it. Just admit you're a softie. Besides, if you hated it that much you wouldn't even ask about putting it on." I mocked him slightly. Finn was a handful but I knew his ins and outs by now. I also knew just the right buttons to push to make his ego feel threatened. That might seem like a horrible thing to say, but sometimes he needed to be realed in for his safety and the sanity of the people around him.

It also lead to mind blowing sex but that wasn't the point.

"Why can't you be more like, Randy? He's so cheery." I moaned in agony at his stereotypical man attitude.

"So you want a gay boyfriend?" Finn asked while raising an eyebrow. "That won't fair well for you in bed. Besides, my attitude makes us compatible. Fire to drown out fire, I suppose."

Although his fire was a lot strong then mine. I had always considered myself an Alpha-female but Finn somehow managed to turn me something more submissive than a dog. Out of all the men I had met, none of them even compared to the level of dominance. As much as I loved being a powerful flame, there was something compelling about being able to let your guard down and submit around one special person.

"What are you thinking about?" Finn asked, looking down at my thoughtful face.

"That you're probably the only one who can keep me on a leash." I laughed a little. I suppose that wasn't always a bad thing, if you trusted the person holding the metaphorical leash.

"Even I don't believe that's true. I don't think anyone can put you on a leash." His attention returned to the television as he spoke. "Actually That was one of your more compelling qualities. When I first met you my impression was 'look at that sexy peice of ass'. Had it not been for my ego and my then negative feelings for you, I have no idea what I would have done. Then you put me in my place in front of Sam and Chris and I knew I was done for. That attitude was such a turn on, I knew I just had to stay away from you. Obviously it didn't work very well but I'm glad it didn't."