Finn - Epilogue Two

She moves with a lethal grace and beauty that could bring any man to his knees.

That's part of the reason she was a model for huge brands, because the sheer appearance of her face was so deathly intense and jaw droppingly alluring at anyone would bend for her wishes. But her face was nothing compared to her mind. That beautiful mind was as deft at mathematical and scientific equations as her feet were at complicated footwork. I could only dream of being able to graduate top of the class in Biometrics. Granted, graduating top of my class for Business wasn't a easy feat. But, my career was much more suited for myself. Hedge funding was not an easy task but I was a statistics nerd at heart and it more than financed a lavish lifestyle; but that was beside the point.

The point is that Sylvia is the epitome of the perfect woman.

A victim. That's what she saw herself as for so long. Perhaps she still does, because despite what my wife seems to think, I am not a mind reader. By definition, I suppose she is a victim but Sylvia Mason is worlds away from the stereotype that title holds. She is fearless, strong, and brave. I don't think any other person on this planet encompasses what is inside her, what she has needed to rise to her current level of unequivocal greatness.

The discipline, pride, effort, confidence; everything.

I look at her flowing curves and warm brown eyes, her sharp cheekbones and upturned chin, and I see nothing but perfection. Some people may see a convoluted 'celebrity' getting famous off of her body. Using it to model, to make headlines in sports, to claim being the victim but those people are God damn fools. My wife is the best thing to happen to this world, and that means a lot coming from someone as conceited as myself.

I will admit it; I am very arrogant.

But is that a bad thing?

I mean, I must be some level of greatness; I am married to Athena herself.

There was something so beguile about watching the miracle that is the love of my life, with our daughter on her hip while she sipped on a beer and laughed whole heartedly with her blonde best friend. The image of our family and her smile always warmed my heart in a way I never thought possible. It was amazing what love could do to you. I'd never thought life could be this amazing, but I was so very wrong. I didn't know living until I was in love with Sylvia.

I was snapped out of my trance by the sound of a very pregnant Kelsey stopping to stand next to me in the summer grass to watch our significant others. Yes, plural. Sam and Kelsey somehow ended up getting together after all. It only took them six years to finally get together, but they did. They weren't married, but they're having a kid so that says something about the state of their relationship.

Or Sam's just a fucking idiot that somehow still doesn't know got to use a condom. If that's the case, then I think he has a lot more children in this world than he knows about.

"I think it's endearing that you still stare at her like she's God's gift to the world after ten years of being together." The hard ass that is one of my best friends remarked.

"I think she is God's gift to the world. I also think anyone who doesn't stare at her is psychotic." I replied easily. Fits of laughter erupted from behind us, causing me to turn around and face my six year old son and Jameson's five year old daughter attempting to throw a football with Jason. I cupped my hands over my mouth and shouted across part of my large yard to the idiotic thirty three year old. "Jason, you break my kid and I break you!"

That caught Sylvia's attention, no doubt. She looked at the laughing father and yelled out to him, too. "If Ace has so much as a scratch on him, I'll make it so Al isn't having a second baby!" True to her word, Sylvia was always unbearably worried about our children. It was endearing but it was defiantly exhausting for her.