Chapter 49

I hate LaGuardia more than any other airport in the fucking world.

You would think after a decade of construction it would be less of a pain in the ass and it would look a little nicer. Then again, it's run by the Port Authority so I can't complain too much. At least it isn't like the Port Authority bus station because if HIV was a place, it would be that bus terminal.

Mention the Port Authority to anyone who's from New York and just wait for the collective groans and shivers of disgust. I dare you.

Either way, Terminal B at LGA was always the biggest pain in the ass to ever exist. And thank fuck Air Canada was in Terminal B. I'm so fucking excited. Can't you tell?

Why Air Canada? Because it's the quickest estimated time at the cheapest price with only one stop in Montreal before we make it to Tokyo.

Upon arrival at the airport, there were already reporters eager to snap pictures of some Olympic Athletes, AKA the only two not already past security, also known as Finn and I. Finn and I gathered our suitcases and backpacks from the trunk of the taxi, all too aware that the media was taking photographs of our every move at the drop off area. I didn't think this was that big of a story, but people ate up anything having to do with professional athletes.

The automatic doors slid open, a rush of cold air hitting me as we exited the humid air of the city. People milled around looking stressed out and angry as per usual in airports. Having checked in online already saved us the trouble of having to do that in person, but we still had to check our bags.

Finn and I automatically got in the semi long line at the Air Canada desk where the bags were being checked and weighed. There were about five people in front of us. Finn's warm hand intertwined in my right one while we faced each other in between the black transabarriers. "How do you feel?" I asked Finn while looking up at him. Our flight boarded at eleven and it was about eight right now. We had been at Finn's mothers for three hours in the afternoon, returning to the hotel for a few hours before coming to the airport with all of our shit.

Finn contemplated it for a moment before responding. "Good. I'm glad I did it. Even if it will be awhile before we see them again. They're so young they probably won't remember, but it made me feel better."

"That's all that maters." I gave him a small smile. "Although I'm pretty sure my ovaries are melted."

Finn smiled and bit the corner of his lip to try and contain it. His other hand grabbed mine so both our hands were intertwined. "That would be really sweet but you also said the same thing when you were scrolling through Stephen James's Instagram. Slightly devalues the phrase; just slightly." He mocked me.

Finn would disagree 100 percent, but take away all the tattoos and piercings and style the hair slightly different, and that is my boyfriend. Finn's body is almost identical, it's honestly trippy. Even their faces are similar. The jaws, the lips, the nose, the intimidating stare. The only difference was the eyes.

"He's hot. Besides he looks-"

"I do not look like him." Finn protested while rolling his eyes at me.

"Okay, if Jason can agree with me on it, than it's true. Besides, you should feel honored that I think he looks like you and not the other way around."

"Oh, gee. I'm so happy my girlfriend is attracted to me." He said sarcastically with a groan on his lips. Our hands separated so we could move our suitcases up in line, but Finn's arm wrapped around my waist again as he looked down at me. "Back to how I make your ovaries melt," Finn teased with a cheeky grin.

"It does things to me in here," I laughed while gesturing to my heart. "Boyfriends with babies and puppies are the way to a girls heart. That, and that time when you punched Alec Krasinski in the face in the middle of gym class for calling me a whore." I laughed at the memory. It was fucking hot. He was talking shit while we were all waiting around for the teachers to come out from the locker rooms and take attendance, saying how I was a slut and sleeping around with all the guys in the school. Finn heard it, walked up behind him, tapped him on the shoulder and then decked him so hard he fell to the ground. Needless to say, the football team wasn't the biggest fan of Finn or our group the last few weeks of school.