Chapter III

Anika leaned against the wall of the auditorium, facing the lawn

Anika leaned against the wall of the auditorium, facing the lawn. She could hear faintly, whatever boring speech that was being given. She was about to get back to work when her phone rang, flashing Shrek. She chuckled. Meeting Shivaay definitely helped her this way.

Swiping to pick the call, she stuck the phone to her ear, her eyes wandering around.

"Anika, where are you?" She heard her step-mother shout.

"I am at an event today. Will be late."

"Honestly, I am beginning to wonder if you even have events." She heard her snort.

Anika sighed. "Why this sudden interest in my life?"

"Your father is going to be home in a few days. I need to know what you are doing."

Anika rolled her eyes. "We'll talk about this later. Work hours."

She disconnected without waiting for a reply. Closing her eyes, Anika rested her head against the wall.

"Mystery girl seems stressed." She heard his voice again.

"Sanika's Prince 'Stalker' Charming is here?"

Shivaay smiled a bit. "Well, I wanted to meet Sanika before she goes on stage."

Anika just looked at him for a few seconds. "You really love her, don't you?"

"Obviously I do." Shivaay shrugged.

Before their conversation could continue, they heard chartering and looked at the doors of the staircases and saw little kids appearing, all dressed up in bright costumes.

Their eyes searched for the little fairy godmother who grinned the moment she saw them.

"I am so happy to have both Mumma and Daddy here." Sanika grinned as she bounced up and down, energized to play the best fairy godmother.

She wrapped her tiny arms around Anika who had bent down to take her in a hug. "Sanika, I am sure you are going to make me proud for making you watch all those Disney movies, right baby?"

Sanika nodded her head excitedly. She then turned to Shivaay who had also gone down on his knees, not caring about his suit that would get ruined.

He kissed her forehead. "Well, you are supposed to make me proud as well. I have been bearing with all these movies."

At that, Anika and Sanika, both looked at him with the same narrowed eyes expression and Shivaay was stumped by the similarity.

"I understand why she calls you her Mumma." Shivaay mumbled making both the girls chuckle.

"Okay, now give me my best of luck kiss!" Sanika smiled toothily.

Anika leaned in first and kissed her on both the cheeks. Shivaay followed and kissed her on her forehead.