Chapter VI

Anika turned when the truck finally came to a halt

Anika turned when the truck finally came to a halt. She got down only to find herself standing at the gates of a huge mansion.

When she saw Gauri standing beside her, she mumbled, "This place is no less than a palace."

"I know right." Gauri spoke in the same tone. "Now get to work. Did you check these flowers? Drapes are here?"

"Gauri, I checked the flowers. Rashi is bringing my car and the drapes are in there. Calm down, okay."

"Fine. Let's just get to the final checks and put up the drapes at the entrance." Gauri smiled and moved ahead.

Anika's phone vibrated in her jeans pocket. She frowned seeing the caller ID.

Gauri came back, only to find Anika angrily dismissing the caller.

"Is everything okay?" Gauri doftpy asked. Anika never got angry so the steam from her ears was no less than a shock.

"Yeah. What do I do? What was Rajeev working with?"

"Before that. Did you get yourself a date?"

Anika sighed, rubbing her temples. "No Gauri. I don't have anyone in contact. We don't have any guys in the team?"

"We had four. Rajeev got sick. Vikrant is taking Rashi in. Rishab and Tarun do not want to go in. They'll be leaving once they make sure the caterers are aware of everything."

"Oh. I guess I'll stay out then."

"Ani! Come on. I want you to join me."

"Who are you taking in?" Anika narrowed her eyes.

"Nobody. I asked Janhavi Ma'am to let me in saying that it was my professional obligation or whatever. She agreed."

"I can sneak in, right?"

"Nah. They are pretty adamant. I don't know the reason. The event planners can't break rules that they are supposed to 'enforce'."

Anika rolled her eyes. "Then I am staying outside. Or maybe inside just not in the ballroom."

"Anika! Ask that guy."

"Gauri we haven't exchanged numbers or anything. He doesn't even know my name, for God's sake."

Gauri frowned. "Why didn't you make a move on a guy you have a crush on?"

"Gauri Kumari Sharma, do not test my patience." Anika frowned.

Anika'd phone rang again and she furrowed her eyebrows seeing the unknown number.

"Hello?"

To Gauri, who could hear only one side of the conversation, things seemed pretty bad.

"No. For the last time I am not any Trivedi. No, I have no interest in any guy. Can you stop calling me?"

Anika switched off her phone, not bothering to even disconnect.