Chapter XV

Two days later, Anika was up early

Two days later, Anika was up early. She had slept in the previous day and she now knew what she had to do. When she was fresh for the day, Gauri called her.

Immediately picking up, Anika smiled and wished her a good morning cheerfully.

"Yeah I am supposed to be happy today? After knowing what you have in mind?" Gauri's voice was laced with anger, quite evidently.

"Come on Gauri, you know it's necessary."

"Yeah right."

"Anyway, I have lots of things to look after, let me get to the packing and stuff."

"Fine."

Clearly, Anika was trying to bring back the normality in her life, which meant, putting her plan of running away into action. She would remind herself that the reason she decided to be Shivaay's date, in the first place, was to make memories for when she was away. Not to drown all her plans!

With this new found determination, she engaged herself in the packing, making sure to not make it very obvious to her family. She was running away, not going on a mini vacation.

An hour later, her phone rang again. "Ani, quick! Boss has called all of us to office. Get ready in 20 minutes, I'll be there."

Gauri cut the call even before Anika could speak anything. She knew, of course, that Anika would be really annoyed at her plans for today being ruined.

Anika frowned as she closed the wadrobe and her suitcase. She had wanted to go and meet Sanika today, sort of like her last goodbye. She was sceptical to actually go and it took a lot of persuasion from Gauri for Anika to let go of her paranoia.

Anika's fear was, of course, justified, given that Shivaay was quite influential. She knew if he wanted to find her, the first thing he would do is keep a check on the orphanage. Worse, he would tell Sanika that Anika was going to run away. Sanika was very convincing and Anika, no chance in hell, was going to upset her.

Putting a rest on these thoughts, she had booked herself flight tickets to Bangalore. The destination was chosen by her boss, giving Anika the responsibility of setting up their branch there. Anika hadn't told anyone about her plans except Gauri and their boss. Shivaay had apaprently eavesdropped but he hardly knew anything else, so she was sure he won't track her there.

Unfortunately, a part of her really really wished he did find her and this wish could prove to be quite disastrous to all her plans.

Shaking off her thoughts, she remembered she had to be quick. Gauri hated waiting.

---

Anika had put on a white shirt with blue jeans. She looked at her phone, wondering when her order would arrive.

Her phone did ring but it was Gauri. Anika groaned. It was going to be tough to make Gauri wait.

"Hey!"