Chapter XVI

Shivaay was startled when the door to his room was banged

"Shivaay Bhaiya!" It was Rudra's voice.

Shivaay frowned. "Rudra, I told you I am okay and I'll be outside in a few hours. Give me some time please. I am working on a presentation."

"Bhaiya this is important! Like URGENT."

"What is it?" Shivaay opened the door and looked at Rudra curiously, wanting to get back to his work.

"Bhaiya, why come out? Sit like there for a few more hours and wait for Choti Maa to go all 'Oh My Maata!'."

"Rudra, can you just get to the point."

"Seeing you all holed up in the room like this, Choti Maa was worried what happened. None of us knew what it might be so she could think of only one person who'd know. Anika Didi!"

Shivaay stiffened on hearing Anika's name. "Why is this about Anika?"

Shivaay had been a mix of furious and heartbroken when he had realised Anika had just vanished. Maybe it was his ego, maybe it was him trying to respect her decision that he didn't even try to look for her. He, as a result, had holed up in his room, knowing that sooner or later his family would ask about his date. So, being productive, Shivaay had handled all his work from his room and didn't open the door except once during late night to stock his room with food and water. He found this decision of his stupid, of course but he knew no other way to not hunt Anika down.

Rudra snapped his fingers in front of him. "Are you even listening?"

"No. Sorry, come again?"

"Bhaiya, Choti Maa wanted to talk to Anika Didi. So she's gone to meet her."

"She knows where Anika stays?"

"Exactly my point. She doesn't. She thinks Anika Didi is the girl you were supposed to bring as a date. So if she finds out, you will be pestered about Anika Didi and if she doesn't your marriage will be fixed with whoever it was."

"Why did you not stop her?" Shivaay looked at Rudra with wide eyes.

"It was your secret to disclose." Rudra shrugged. "Would have helped if you didn't worry the entire family with your stupidity. As a matter of fact, you are the Dumbbell Oberoi." Rudra snorted.

Om came there, relieved to see Shivaay. "Why are you still talking to him? You might want to go and stop Choti Maa?"

Shivaay nodded and immediately rushed out of the house. Not more than five seconds laster, he was back. "Exactly where has Mom gone?"

---

The first thing Shivaay did was ask Khanna to find out about Anika through her company. If she wanted to run, she would first have to talk to him.