Chapter XI

Shivaay cleared his throat and looked at her with a cocked eyebrow but Anika didn't fail to notice the faintest shade of pink that his neck had turned

Shivaay cleared his throat and looked at her with a cocked eyebrow but Anika didn't fail to notice the faintest shade of pink that his neck had turned. Smirking to herself, she propped her leg onto the glass table in front of them, sighing.

"Get me food please or you are going to have to deal with a dead body in your bedroom."

"I am never going to ask you to what extent can you exaggerate."

There were a series of knocks on the door and Shivaay headed to open it, leaving behind Anika to stare at him. Smiling to herself, she thought of how this night had been so simple and uneventful yet the best one she had had in a long time.

He shut the door and rolled in a food trolley, bowing down to her. "Here is all the good food I could have him bring."

Anika smiled and pulled the trolley a bit, only to have Shivaay rolling it back towards himself. "Let me serve, milady."

Anika shrugged, eyes stuck on all the food under the lids.

She almost squealed when she saw a large pizza and helped herself with a plate, not able to bear Shivaay's extremely prim and proper- and excruciatingly slow- ways. Shivaay shook his head and let her do what she wanted, settling down beside her again. Helping himself, he could only stare as Anika hogged down the food.

When she saw him staring, she lowered the pizza slice and wiped the edge of her lips, looking at him sheepishly. He smiled softly making Anika grin.

As Anika turned back to her pizza, Shivaay softly asked, "Do you think running away is the solution?"

Anika stiffened and looked at him, trying to feign confusion.

"You can do better than run-" whatever Shivaay had to say, had to wait because there was a knock on the door. Anika trained her eyes on the food while Shivaay went to open the door.

"God Bhaiya! I didn't know you'll escape the party so soon. I and O were busy finding you everywhere. How can you party all by yourself-" Rudra stopped short as his eyes fell on Anika who was sitting on the couch.

He looked at her with wide eyes then at Om. "What is happening here?"

Om shrugged and they turned to Shivaay who shrugged. "Anika was hungry so we just came up. The party grew boring and you know I hate staying amongst those weird girls for long. Even after I had Anika with me they kept staring and it is quite annoying."

"Shivaay, why are you giving us so much of explanation, it's okay. Rudra asked me." Om had a ghost of a smirk while Rudra did nothing to hide it. Seeing Shivaay rub the back of his neck embarassedly, Rudra walked to Anika and pulled a chair to sit right in front of her.

"Do you mind if I have some food because I am really hungry and my cheat day ends in a few hours?"

Anika could only nod. She was still embarassed about assuming Rudra was Shivaay's girlfriend and looking at him just reminded her of how much Shivaay must have enjoyed at her expense. She looked at Shivaay and he, as if understanding what she was thinking, grinned.