Chapter VII

Gauri, who had been watching them from afar grinned when she saw Shivaay hugging Anika

As they pulled away, Anika turned to look at Gauri who was smirking at her. Pressing her lips into a thin line, she turned to Shivaay.

"I agreed to come with you but tell me one thing, is jeans and an old tshirt a part of the dress code?"

Shivaay rubbed the back of his neck. "After I ruined that girl's dress, my family wants to take no risk. Especially Badi Maa and Mom. They decided they'll choose a few gowns, different sizes and stuff and the whole rack is in my room. Choose which one you want to and just tell me so I choose my tux too."

"We are supposed to co-ordinate?" Anika asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. My family is a bit extra that way. You should thank your stars you don't have to colour co-ordinate with the whole family. That is even more terrifying." Shivaay smiled lightly.

Anika looked at him, amused.

"You don't have time to visit the parlour and stuff. So..."

"I'll manage. I had no big plans on getting ready either."

"Fine." Shivaay fell in deep thought. "She also left this big-ass box on my dressing table. It's supposed to be a make up kit for you but I am sure she can get all the guests ready with all of that stuff. Badi Maa, that is."

Anika rolled her eyes. "Tell me about it. Makeup is way too complicated. But tell me this, I'll get ready in your room?"

"Yep." Shivaay absentmindedly answered.

"What are you thinking about?"

"This is the first time I have been given instructions in a long time. Wondering if there is something I am missing. I now realise what my employees go through." Shivaay sheepishly smiled.

Anika grinned. "Shivaay, it's okay. I'll just ask Gauri to help me get ready, if that's okay with you. If there are any other necessary 'instructions' that you've been given, we'll manage."

"Sure." Shivaay shrugged. Anika looked at him expectantly only to have him give her a blank look

"Shivaay, can we go in so I can get ready?"

"Oh, yeah right." Shivaay shook his head at himself. What was he doing?

Anika quickly walked to Gauri, thinking how she would tone down Gauri's squealing.

Gauri looked at her expectantly and when Anika nodded her head positively, Gauri grinned widely.

Thank God she didn't get too excited.

"Aakhir you did listen to my suggestion." Gauri wiped a fake tear from her eyes.

"Completely coincidental."