Chapter IX

-A Complete Misfit-

-A Complete Misfit-

When they were at the top of the staircases, Shivaay and Anika interlocked their arms.

Eyes fell on them making Anika conscious of what she had actually signed up for. As their presence was finally acknowledged, the crowd broke into chatter. This was the first time in ages that they had seen Shivaay Singh Oberoi with a date.

"Can they stop fucking staring?" Anika mumbled, her face still in a smile.

"Don't smile so much. You'll scare them off. And, pray tell, why would they not stare?"

"I don't know. They shouldn't. That's bad manners. Isn't that a reason enough?"

Shivaay chuckled. "You didn't really Google me, did you?"

That made Anika look at him curiously. They had walked down to the bottom of the staircase.

Shivaay bent towards her ear, his lips brushing against her ear making her clench her fist tightly due to the sudden clumsiness she felt. "Anika, today happens to be the day I turn 27. I had only ten percent shares in the Oberoi Industries. Now I have 50 percent and am officially the CEO. Wasn't when we first met."

Anika looked at the crowd, nervously smiling at this new piece of information. Shivaay straightened again.

But this action of his did give a big signal to the crowd. Shivaay Singh Oberoi was smitten.

Before Shivaay could lead her anywhere apart from quite literally this centre of attraction, two older men approached Shivaay.

"Shivaay, my son. I am so proud to see you finally taking over the company." one of them grinned, patting Shivaay on the back.

Shivaay grinned back. "I am really nervous though. I have Mr. Ravindra Rana's son to compete with."

The man gave them a throaty laugh. "Siddharth was pretty excited to meet you but I guess he's been whisked off to the dance floor already. That reminds me, who is this beautiful young lady with you."

Shivaay turned to Anika and then back to Ravindra. "This is Anika, a friend of mine."

The older man raised an eyebrow. "Since when did Shivaay Singh Oberoi start having female friends? Beta, are you sure this is the man you befriended and not his brothers?"

Anika chuckled. "I don't know about his brothers but I surely have a very handsome man right in front of me as replacement."

Ravi laughed and patted her head before turning to the other man who looked quite impressed by Anika already.

"Tej, Shivaay, you have my agreement if you want to make her the Oberoi bahu. If somebody can be smart enough to realise my true worth, I am sure she'd be very good."

Anika's eyes widened and she looked at Shivaay in alarm, who was still smiling at Ravindra. Not turning to her, he only held her hand, trying to calm her down.