Chapter XIII

Shivaay and Anika's eyes widened as they realised it was Rudra, just on the other side of this door

Anika's expressioms grew comical, as she realised what they had been upto. Her cheeks were suddenly flaming and she looked at Shivaay in panic.

Shivaay looked around wondering how he'd ever escape this situation. Now, Rudra would never believe Shivaay about their first meet, no matter what. He could already imagine his younger cousin's antics as he went on and on about Shivaay's 'romantic' adventures.

He thought for a few seconds before Anika beat him to it.

"Rudra?" she called out and Shivaay hit his head. He won't ever be able to hide Anika now. Why was she so darn impulsive?

"Anika Didi?"

"Yes. Actually, I wanted to freshen up and change before heading home. It's only me around, I think. Shivaay left me alone a long time back."

"Oh. I couldn't find him anywhere. Chalo O, we'll look once again."

Om was there too?

Shivaay nudged Anika and she frowned. He hinted through his eyes and Anika called out to Rudra again, looking at Shivaay in confusion.

Shivaay pushed her from the door making her frown. He pointed to the latch and moved his head in an attempt to explain.

"Yes Anika Didi?"

Anika gave Shivaay a blank look.

Ask Rudra to lock the windows and everything. He mouthed slowly.

"Rudra, could you, shut the windows and everything?"

"Sure!"

They heard Rudra at work and Anika rested her head against the wall, closing her eyes. When they heard the door of the room closing, Anika breathed out in relief. Shivaay was about to move out when Anika stopped him. She pushed him behind the door from where he couldn't be seen. Seeing this, Shivaay smirked.

"You still have some other plans Anika?"

Anika rolled her eyes, opening the door. She moved out and checked around.

"You can come out." her voice was relatively soft and she locked the door of the room to avoid unnecessary questions.

Shivaay sneaked out, looking around his empty bedroom. He was standing by the door to the washroom and Anika near the dresser, both of them trying to avoid eye contact.

What were they supposed to do now?

"Uh, I'll go change." Anika quickly whisked past him and shut the door loudly, resulting in Shivaay flinching at the sound.

Now that he let himself finally think, his stomach leapt at the idea of what had happened. He couldn't fight off the smile from his face and ran a hand over it nervously. Subconsciously, his fingers reached out to his lips, gently stroking them.