Chapter X

Anika smiled at Shivaay

Anika smiled at Shivaay. "Thought you won't ask." Placing her hand in his, she let him lead her to the dance floor and they began dancing to the tunes, smiling at each other.

Anika snorted mentally at how fairytale-ish all of it looked. Dim lights, hin and her dancing under the spotlight, music and lots of people staring.

She could totally make do without the last one.

"Where are you lost? I mean, come on. Try not stepping on my feet." Shivaay softly called out.

"I am NOT stepping on your feet. I know the dance, I did learn it."

"So, you are not totally lost in my eyes or something. That's a relief." Shivaay observed.

"Where do you get all that fuel for your baseless ego?"

"Drunk women who love Disney love telling me how handsome I look."

"I told you, my drunken self is a BIG liar. I was probably seeing seven of you to even think of you as remotely good-looking."

"Anika?"

"Hmm?"

"Over-exaggeration."

"Really?"

"I am not blind."

"Really?"

"How do you manage to get on my nerves so easily? I mean, a few hours ago, I thought of you as very a sweet person and yada yada."

"You tasted the wrong snack."

Fuck Anika. Wrong thing to say.

This was not her immediate thought. It was when Shivaay looked at her with a raised eyebrow and sexy smirk, his eyes trailing down her face and back up again that Anika realised she had made quite a statement.

Clearing her throat, she looked around.

"Oo, is your brother dancing with my best friend?"

Shivaay tilted his head and followed her line of visions, spotting Om dancing with the girl who helped Anika dress up. "Guess he got bored playing date with Rudra."

"He was Rudra's date? Why?"

"Bade Papa tried setting him up with a girl. Riddhima. She's too clingy for Om. So he pleaded Rudra to not get anyone from his thousand person list and help Om out."

"Woah. The number of parents trying to set their kids up with random weirdos is beginning to frighten me. I mean, no offence to the kids that do agree because I have seen how pressurizing parents can be. But, damn, they should learn from the one who ditched you tonight."

"Yeah, you had to taunt me."

"Wasn't really doing that." Anika shrugged, making Shivaay curious of what nice remark she had up her sleeve next.