Chapter II

It was when the elevator dinged to a stop that Anika finally came out of the shock

It was when the elevator dinged to a stop that Anika finally came out of the shock. She gulped down the lump in her throat. What had she done? Assumes things about a man in front of him? Closing her eyes shut, she took a deep breath, dragging herself out of the lift.

As she found her taxi standing at the gate. She sat in, her thoughts not moving for once from the man she had just slept with.

---

"Look who's here!"

Anika smiled sheepishly as her team mates stared at her. They were nothing short of family. Well, most of them. They knew all about Anika's 'tardiness'.

Anika walked towards her booth, only to be stopped by Gauri, her best friend.

"Ani!" Gauri excitedly wrapped her arms around Anika, bobbing on her toes.

When they pulled away, Gauri smiled at Anika brightly.

"Yes senior?" Anika asked with a mock serious look.

"Chuck that, I am sure you'll be very happy if you come to know what my first project is, as the team head!"

"What is it?" Anika asked curiously.

"Your favourite orphanage's Annual Day!" Gauri grinned.

Anika smiled widely. "This is fantastic. Please tell me I am on your team?"

"Yes you are. Boss wouldn't let her Ani miss a chance to visit that place. Plus you get paid for doing that!" Gauri rolled her eyes.

Anika grinned. "Looks like today is a good day."

---

Walking down to the end of the hallway, Anika quickly went to the auditorium where she was sure to find her favourite person. She was about to open the doors when they opened themselves, revealing the man she least expected.

From behind him, her team mate Rajeev frowned at her. Why did Anika have to mess up at all times?

"I am so sorry Sir, she didn't mean to crash into you."

"Excuse me, I was not even at fault!" Anika looked at Rajeev wide-eyed.
"Plus, we didn't even crash. I just came in front of him and the last time I checked, I don't look so hideous that you have to apologize that he had to even see me."

Rajeev groaned with his expressions making sure to not make a sound and catch his guest's attention. "Anika, do you know who you are talking to?"

"Yes, the idiot I have as a team mate." She shot Rajeev a pointed look.

Anika threw a glance at Shivaay only to see him smiling, very slightly. Not meeting his gaze, Anika entered the auditorium, trying to cool her cheeks with the back of her palms. Once she moved in, she saw all the kids from the orphanage practicing for their dramas. Her eyes darted around, hoping to catch the glimpse of a certain blue-eyed seven year old.