Chapter XVIII

Shivaay smiled as he played with a strand of Anika's hair, reveling in this feeling

"Shivaay? You think we should head down?"

He sighed. It had only been fifteen minutes but he knew they would have to go down. Plus, Anika's father didn't really look impressed with him so his pressing concern was making sure that Mr. Trivedi didn't outright reject the idea of Anika dating him.

Shivaay left her and sighed. Anika quickly got up and straightened her hair moving to the door.

Shivaay ran a hand on his coat when he felt something in the inner waist pocket.

"Uh Anika?"

She turned around curiously.

He fished out the silver charm bracelet and swung it lightly, making Anika frown. Her eyes went to her hand and she looked shocked to find her bracelet missing.

"I didn't even realise it was missing. How terrible of me?" She quickly walked to him to get hold of it when he pulled it back.

Anika rolled her eyes. "We need to go down before someone comes up looking for us. Give it to me."

Shivaay shook his head mischievously and forwarded his hand, asking for hers. Anika rolled her eyes but played along.

Holding her hand in front of him, he slowly slid the bracelet in place. "Guess Cinderella did leave a shoe behind, huh?"

Anika showed him her tongue. "I would have never done that mister. Who would trade a potential Prince Charming for you?"

Shivaay sighed. "Will it hurt if you are remotely cordial with me?"

Anika shrugged as he locked the braceket in place. When he was done, Anika tried pulling her hand back but Shivaay pulled her towards him, making her gasp.

"Thanks Anika. For giving us a chance."

Anika smiled. "I'll make sure you regret this."

Shivaay shook his head and held her closer. When Anika looked at him curiously he shrugged before taking her in a kiss.

Anika's eyes widened. Shivaay had to tickle her lightly to get her to respond. She laughed a little but then responded eagerly. At least her boyfriend was a great kisser.

---

Gauri threw an awkward smile at Pinky for the thousandth time. What was Anika even upto? Would she come downstairs before Gauri died of awkwardness?

She heard Harshvardhan clear his throat and looked up to find him staring at her curiously.

"Gauri, do you know how Shivaay and Anika know each other?"

"She did explain right. They met through Sanika."

If only I could tell you what your drunk daughter does.