Chapter XII

When they had both regained their breaths, Anika tapped his shoulder

When they had both regained their breaths, Anika tapped his shoulder. He turned to find her frowning at him making him shake his head with a chuckle.

"Why did you tickle me?" Anika whined. Shivaay only got up and sat on the couch again, ignoring her gaze on him. His face was passive.

"Shivaay?!" she sounded annoyed. She was, of course, because he began eating while she was still waiting for him to answer.

When she refused to budge from staring at him, Shivaay sighed and turned to look at her.

"What is it? I tickled you because you were going to make me bear Rudra's theatrics just for your fun. So I made sure you had a good laugh and avoided telling Rudra anything that would lead to his unwanted whining. What part of this could you not guess?"

Anika nudged him with her elbow, wanting that he look at her.

"What now?"

"Why are you being so moody! You were laughing with me a few milliseconds ago." Anika's lips were pressed together, her nose scrunched up.

"Eat."

Anika rolled her eyes. "Alright."

Instead of getting back to her pizza, she stood up. "I am gonna go change out of this gown. I need to leave."

Shivaay's eyes widened and he caught hold of her wrist, making her sit again. "I was just joking. Why are you being so dramatic. You don't have to leave just because I am pretending to be annoyed."

Anika rolled her eyes. "Not everything is about you. I need to really head home too. Nice shower and then sleep comfortably."

"But you told me your bed isn't comfortable." Shivaay pointed out.

"Not as comfortable as yours but it's still my bed, which makes it home and heavenly." Anika smiled widely.

"Okay just finish your dinner and then we can talk about how you are going back home."

"You don't have to worry about that. I have my car and Gauri will be with me so no worries."

Shivaay nodded. "Fine! Just eat first."

Anika gladly complied, not giving him the chance to ask her to eat again.

---

Anika had walked into the walk in closet to change while Shivaay called the house help to clear the room. He sat on his bed. A smile was stuck on his face, the reason unaware of what she had done to Shivaay.

Then suddenly, Shivaay remembered what he had over heard from Gauri and Anika's conversation and his forehead creased.

"That weirdo started texting me that he got my picture and he finds me hot and stuff. I was very very pissed off and that's why when he called, I burst out on him. But Shivaay overheard and probably assumed that I was the girl he was supposed to take as a date tonight. So when he asked, he sort of became a victim to my frustration."