X

Rebel Without a Cause and Nancy Drew

As the shadows around Riverdale deepened, the lines that separated polar opposites blurred and distorted.

"I'm guilty," Cheryl's words from biology class echoed in Rosemary's head.

But of what?

Rosemary watched as Clifford and Penelope clutched each of Cheryl's arms. As Cheryl was dragged by, her eyes locked with Rosemary's. Rose took a step forwards to rip Cheryl from her awful parents, but, to her surprise, Reggie held her back. Rosemary ripped herself out of Reggie's grasp and sent him a stone cold glare before turning around and stomping away.

Later, Rosemary would find out the story from Jughead over a shared milkshake at Pop's. Jason wanted to run away and didn't want anyone to follow him, so he decided to fake his own death with his sister's help. Their story was that they would go for an early morning boat ride and Cheryl's glove would fall into the water. Jason would try to retrieve it, but tipped the boat, panicked, and drowned.

Instead, what really happened was that Jason and Cheryl got to the other side safe and dry. Charyl said her final goodbyes and split. Jason promised to call in a month's time, but it never happened. What Cheryl did emphasize on was that she heard a gunshot on July Fourth, but Jason's autopsy read that he didn't officially die until July eleventh, and the only gunshot wound was in his head, which means the gunshot on July Fourth wasn't the only that killed Jason Blossom.

And that Cheryl Blossom was guilty of lying.

The next day, Rosemary walked into school only to be dragged by Betty Cooper to the Blue and Gold's classroom that Rosemary hadn't touched since early the previous year. No one had shown interest in helping with the Blue and Gold so the school closed it down until the previous year. Betty told Rosemary to call Jughead and she sighed, dialing his number. After one ring he answered.

"Hey, Rosie," Jughead answered."Everything alright?"

"Yeah, Juggie," Rosemary nodded, noticing Betty's raised eyebrow towards the other blonde girl. Rosemary rolled her eyes "Can you come to the Blue and Gold room? Betty needs us for something."

"Yup, I'm actually right down the hall, be there soon."

Jughead said goodbye and hung up, allowing Rosemary to start cleaning up the place. She pulled drapes off of things such as printers, desks, and an old computer that she literally had to blow the dust off of. She also found her Canon camera she used for the Blue and Gold, sitting in a cabinet collecting dust. She checked to see if it was charged and, to her surprise, it was. Rosemary smiled to herself and hung the camera around her neck proudly. 

"Look what I found," Rosemary cheered in excitement, turning to face Betty. The blonde Cooper girl turned to see the other blonde holding up her camera in excitement. "Now, smile for me, Betty."