XXIX

You're Like My Brother

Rosemary pulled into the Sunnyside Trailer Park right up to her mother's trailer. She texted her dad saying that she was staying over Veronica's when really she planned to talk to her mother about the situation she was in with Archie if Amelia was sober. Rosemary grabbed the spare key from under the doormat and opened the front door to find a dark and empty trailer. She frowned and turned on her heels, looking around the trailer park. Her eyes landed on FP's trailer, which had the lights on.

Rosemary locked the front door and placed the spare key under the doormat before walking over to FP's trailer and knocking on the door. Amelia answered with a wide smile the second she saw her Serpent daughter in her jacket.

"Rosie!" Amelia gasped and pulled her daughter into a hug, the stench of alcohol and cigarettes filling her nose. "How's the bike? Do you like it? It's my old one so it's not the best but-"

"It's fine mom," Rosemary nodded as she stepped into the trailer, Amelia closing the door behind her. "Actually, I kind of wanted to talk to you about something but if you two are busy I'll go."

"No," Amelia shook her head. "We're not busy, kiddo. Just watching some tv and drinking a beer, you know the usual. Come, we can talk in the kitchen."

Rosemary pulled her lighter and pack of cigarettes out of her pocket, lighting a cigarette between her lips before putting both the lighter and pack back in her pocket.

"Since when do you smoke?" Amelia asked, eyeing the smoke cloud that left her daughter's lips.

"Since you left," Rosemary shrugged, grabbing two beers from the fridge and sitting across from her mom, open one for herself and one for Amelia. "Mom, listen, my friends... They know I'm a Serpent."

Amelia sighed, taking a sip of her beer and eyeing her daughter. She never realized how much she and Rosemary were alike. Rosemary looked exactly like Rosemary when she was younger. From the long blonde hair to the same matching hazel eyes. They both had large dark circles under their eyes and a sickly tone of fair skin due to the amount of drinking and smoking they did. Rosemary was just a younger Amelia and sometimes it scared Amelia because she didn't want her daughter to turn into her.

"Ouch," Amelia finally said, taking a sip of her beer and lighting herself a cigarette. "How'd they take it?"

"Archie took it awfully," Rosemary sighed as she took a long drag of her cigarette. "I don't think he wants anything to do with me. Betty and Veronica haven't talked to me about it, but Jughead seemed to take it the best out of all of them I think. Moose is probably going to tell Reggie and he'll break up with me, and Kevin texted me earlier saying he's fine with me being a Serpent and that I look hot in the jacket so I guess that's fine."

"So Archie's the only one that took it badly?" Amelia asked with the cigarette between her lips. Rosemary nodded. "That sucks, kiddo, I'm sorry. I know you two were close."