XLI

Glory

Glory

      ⧊      

Rosemary and Jughead had split from Betty, who was making sure everything was in order since she was the one who was in charge of everything going smoothly, and were heading towards the foot table.

"Ro," Jughead spoke up, their intertwined hands softly swinging between them. "Tonight after the dance, I'd like to talk to you about something. It has to do with my dad."

"Is everything okay?" Rosemary asked, stopping so her and Jughead were facing each other, her free hand taking his so the two of them were holding hands.

"Yeah," Jughead nodded, smiling down at her. "Actually, things are great. Better than they've been in a while. I just kind of wanna figure something out together."

Rosemary hummed and nodded, but frowned as she looked over his shoulder to see Reggie and Moose eyeing her and Jughead's intertwined hands. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Oh God" Rosemary scoffed as she pulled her hands out of his. "I-I just need to take care of something really fast. W-Will you be okay alone here for a second?"

"I think I should be fine," Jughead nodding, smiling down at Rosemary lovingly. Her cheeks grew even brighter pink and she quickly walked over to Reggie and Moose, her arms crossing over her chest as she eyed the two football players.

"Hey there, Holland," Moose smiled when he saw the blonde girl that he hasn't spoken too in a long time. "Y-You look great."

"Thank you, Moose," Rosemary smiled, giving him a quick hug before turning to Reggie and crossing her arms back over her chest. "Are you going to stare at me all night, or are you going to actually say something?"

"S-So," Reggie stammered, scratching the back of his neck. "You and Danny Phantom, huh?"

Rosemary snorted and looked over her shoulder at Jughead, who was drinking from his cup of punch as he talked to Betty, slightly eyeing her as she talked to Reggie.

"I-It's none of your business," Rosemary quickly said, turning back to face Reggie. "I-Is that all you wanted to say?"

The two stood in silence and Reggie sighed, putting down his cup and holding his arms out.

"Come here, Blondie," Reggie scoffed and rolled his eyes. Rosemary walked into his open arms and hugged him tightly, breathing in his familiar scent. "I'm sorry about Cameron, Ro. I know you two were close. And I'm sorry for being such a dick to you about the whole Serpent thing. And I'm sorry for ending things so bad. And-"

"Jeez, Reg," Rosemary rolled her eyes as she pulled away from Reggie and smiled up at him. "Your apology is accepted. But if I ever see you being a douche to me or my friends again, I swear I'll-"