XXXVII

He's ClaustrophobicT R I G G E R W A R N I N G(suicide)

He's Claustrophobic
T R I G G E R W A R N I N G
(suicide)

  ⧊  

Rosemary felt sick as she stood at the water's edge of Sweetwater River, her stomach dropping as she watched the paramedics zip up the body bag that held her younger brother's limp, cold, waterlogged body. Her father stood at her side with tears running down his face as he hugged his crying youngest daughter tightly in his arms. Amelia stood at Rosemary's side, tears also going down her cheeks as they stared at the stretcher that passed.

Slowly, Rosemary walked over to the stretcher and reached forwards, unzipping the bag and pulling it open to reveal Cameron's waterlogged body. His skin was white and his usual hazel eyes were rolled into the back of his head. A loud sob escaped her lips and she looked around at the crowd around her of paramedics and Riverdale residents.

"W-Why is he in the bag?" Rosemary choked out as she looked around the crowd and then back down at her little brother. "H-He's claustrophobic. He's going to be scared when he wakes up. S-Someone needs to take him out of the bag."

Archie was the first person in the crowd to move. Quickly, he rushed over to the hysterical Holland girl and wrapped his arms around her torso trying to pull her away from the stretcher. Rosemary let out another loud weep and fought against Archie's tight hold.

"N-No," Rosemary screamed as she squirmed. "L-Let me go! I-I have to be there when he wakes up! He's... He's going to wake up! I-I... H-He's going to... He needs to-"

Rosemary was cut off by her own sob and slowly slid to her knees, Archie sliding with her and turning her body so her back was to the stretcher and she was curled up in his lap crying against his chest. The paramedics took away the stretcher, leaving the crowd to stare at Archie and Rosemary as they both sat on the ground, Rosemary weeping for her baby brother to wake up.

Jughead, Betty, and Veronica all rushed from their spots on the edge of the crowd and over to their best friends. Jughead slid to his knees and wrapped his arms around Rosemary's waist as she threw her arms around his shoulders and sobbed. Betty and Veronica wrapped their arms tightly around Rosemary's shoulders and Archie wrapped his arms around all of them, the group of five sitting on the ground with tears in their eyes and the loud screams of Rosemary Holland crying from her brother sinking Riverdale's hearts.

  ⧊  

Rosemary felt sick in the eerie cemetery as the casket holding her brother's body slowly descended into the six-foot-deep hole that sunk into the bright green earth. All of Riverdale was silent as another one of their minors was buried into the ground. The sight was sickening. Almost the entire town filled the graveyard in all black outfits and umbrellas over their head as rain poured down.

Rosemary was the only one not wearing a black outfit. Instead, she wore a pale blue dress that Cameron had always told her was his favorite dress she would wear. Personally, she hated the dress. Actually, she found it quite disgusting on her. The cut was something out of the fifties and was a solid periwinkle blue with white mesh underneath of it to make it flare out. Her hair was also down her back in loose waves, which was also something that Cameron complimented a lot. She wore her favorite pair of white vintage pumps that were actually a gift for Christmas from Cameron a few years prior.