XLII

Let's Do It, Baby

Let's Do It, Baby

      ⧊      

Jughead and Rosemary were searched through the crowd of slow dancing teens and adults, looking for Betty because they hadn't seen her in a while. Rosemary eyed Kevin dancing with Joaquin. She tugged at Jughead's sleeve and pointed them out, the two of them making a bee-line for the couple.

"Hey, Kev, Joaquin," Rosemary but in, not caring about interrupting. Jughead sent an apologetic look to apologize for Rosemary's interrupting. "Have you seen Betty at all?"

"You all need tracking devices," Kevin sassed, making Rosemary roll her eyes and playfully punch his arm. "Ow! I think she was headed out to the hall with Veronica and maybe Archie."

Rosemary nodded and left, hearing Jughead quickly thank Kevin behind her and jogging after Rosemary. Rosemary ran out into the hall and jogged around the corner to see Betty talking to Veronica and Archie. Jughead came up right behind her and frowned when he saw all their friends talking.

"Hey, guys," Rosemary spoke up, talking Jughead's hand in hers and walking over to the trio. As they got closer they realized that all three of them looked slightly distressed and Rosemary quickly realized that something was happening. "What's going on?"

"Yeah," Jughead nodded. "Why do I feel like we're suddenly left out?" His arm wrapped around Rosemary's waist but she didn't even seem to notice because her eyes were locked with Archie's slowly piecing together what could've happened just by seeing how guilty he looked.

"Do you want to tell them or should I?" Betty asked Veronica and Archie.

"Tell us what?" Rosemary asked, her tone of voice growing hostile as her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes narrowed. Archie and Veronica walked over to the couple, Veronica in front of Rosemary and Archie in front of Jughead.

"We, uh, we went to your parent's trailers to-"

"To search it." Veronica cut Archie off, getting straight to the point.

Rosemary felt her chest hurt a little bit and she narrowed her eyes even more, her hands balling into fists as she glared across at Veronica.

"Why would you guys do that?" Jughead asked, not seeming to really understand. Rosemary understood. She understood exactly what was happening and she was furious.

"My mom put them up to it," Betty jumped in, seeing Jughead and Rosemary both showing two drastically different emotions. While Jughead looked slightly confused and betrayed, Rosemary radiated anger and hatred. "She was convinced they were hiding something about Jason."

"We were wrong," Veronica added. "All of us. We didn't find anything."

"And Jug, Rosie, we were only doing it to prove that-"