XLX

That Is Why I Love You

  ⧊  

Rosemary and Jughead walked into the room where Amelia and FP's cells were, Amelia and FP instantly sitting up when they saw their kids walk in.

"Sheriff Keller told us that you still haven't given any names," Jughead spoke up, looking between the two. "He's kinda hoping we can convince you otherwise."

"We've been sweating it out, Jug," FP sighed. "And, uh, the only conclusion we've come to is that both options suck."

It was silent for a bit. The two remaining members of each family being silent. Slowly, Rosemary pulled out off Jughead's hold and walked over to her mother's cell. Amelia walked over and took her daughter's hand, which was cold to the touch. 

"We, uh," Rosemary gulped and looked back at Jughead before turning to face her mom and FP. "We wanted to let you know that we... we're gonna be okay."

"I met the foster family that's taking me in," Jughead spoke up. "Ro met hers. They're both nice."

FP stood up and walked over to where Jughead was, which was right at Rosemary's side.

"What about Southside High?" FP asked the two teens.

"It's a high school," Jughead shrugged. "It's got the jocks, and the burnouts, and the nerds... The like. But I'll survive. We'll survive."

"You just might," FP chuckled as he leaned against the bars before thinking for a moment and looking up. "Kids, listen to me. Ami and I are more innocent than we are guilty, but we've done some... Some stupid things, some bad things, and come what may, we have to answer for our part of it, you understand?"

"We don't know what's gonna happen when this goes to trial," Amelia added on. "But you two need to be there."

"For you mom," FP said, directed at Jughead. "For Jellybean."

"And for your dad," Amelia directed towards Rosemary. "And Liz."

Rosemary felt tears well up in her eyes and she leaned against Jughead, who was fighting back tears.

"They might not need you right this second," FP continued.

"We'll do our best," Jughead nodded, his arm wrapping around Rosemary's waist and squeezing her close. 

"Not a doubt in our mind," Amelia smiled up at Rosemary and Jughead. FP reached over and took Amelia's free hand in his and reached his other through the bars and patted Jughead on the side of the head.

"Now, go on," FP told them, reaching over and doing the same to Rosemary.

Rosemary hugged Amelia tightly one last time before turning and taking Jughead's hand in hers, leaving the cell room and heading to the Jubilee.