XXV

The B Word

The B Word

Rosemary sat in Archie Andrew's bedroom, casually plucking the strings of his guitar as she watched Jughead and Archie play video games. The two talked back and forth to each other, Rosemary unable to follow along with what they were saying since she didn't really dabble in the realm of gaming. She heard something about blowing up and guns but was too focused on plucking the soft tune to really try and learn what their words meant.

Ever since Jughead started living with Archie, the ginger boy's room had become a college dorm room in moments. An air mattress was set up from Jughead and there were clothes thrown around the room. The room had an odd odor to it and Rosemary had insisted on opening a window the second she stepped into the room. She had come to the boy's house because she was told by Jughead that they'd go to Pop's, but that was hours ago and Rosemary knew that wasn't going to happen. Not that she minded. She missed hanging out with Jughead and Archie, just the three of them as a trio.

"Gotta stop blowing me up."

"You're going the wrong way."

"You're doing the-"

"What are you doing?"

Rosemary watched as their characters died on the scream and Archie mumbled a curse and dropped his controller.

"You're the one who keeps accidentally killing me," Jughead pointed at the screen. 

"War is Hell, Jug," Archie fired back and Jughead rolled his eyes.

"No, Archie, Hell is other people."

"Hey, guys," Fred Andrews knocked on the door and walked in, his eyes landing on Rosemary who silently strummed the guitar from behind Jughead on Archie's bed. "Getting pretty late and- Woah, it's kinda ripe in here. Does someone wanna open a window?"

"Already did that," Rosemary pointed at the open window, her eyes still on the guitar. "It seems like Archie's room will be smelling like a locker room after wrestling practice for years."

Archie rolled his eyes and got up, walking over, and opening a second window, taking his guitar from Rosemary's hands in the process. Jughead laid back, his head laying down on the dainty girl's legs. She wore a pair of black sweats she probably stole from Jughead along with a white tank top and Reggie's Letterman jacket. Rosemary took off Jughead's hat and played with his curly black hair, slowly beginning to braid some pieces in her absentmindedness.

"You settling in, Jug?" Fred asked the boy, who looked very comfortable in the lap of his female friend.

"Oh, completely," Jughead nodded, his eyes closed as he relaxed. "It's like Archie and I are just roommates in a college dorm. And Ro's been making things a lot easier with her stopping by every day."