XXX

Out of The Loop

Out of The Loop

  ⧊  

Thicker than blood and more precious than oil, Riverdale's big business is maple syrup. Since the town's founding, one family has controlled its lucrative syrup trade, the Blossoms. They were a part of the fabric of everyone's daily lives. Rich or poor, young or old, everyone in Riverdale consumed Blossom syrup by the bucket.

The death of Jason Blossom precipitated a crisis. with the heir apparent gone, everyone wondered who would inherit the family business one day? It was a question that brought the wolves to Riverdale. And now, the Blossoms were circling the wagons against possible attack, from within their own ranks

Rosemary and Reggie shared a booth in Pop's diner for breakfast, Reggie's arm snaked around her waist as they shared a heated kiss, the taste of maple syrup on their lips. Rosemary's hands ran through Reggie's dark hair and she felt his hand slip under her shirt so it rested on the bare skin of her waist. When his cold touch skimmed her skin she instantly pulled away, their faces still centimeters apart.

"You okay, babe?" Reggie asked as he looked down at Rosemary worriedly. Slowly, he pulled his hands off of her and rested them on her shoulders instead.

"Y-Yeah," Rosemary nodded. "Yeah... My, uh, side just hurts a bit from the whole crowbar thing that happened."

"Ro, that was almost two weeks ago," Reggie sighed. "Are you sure you don't need to see the doctor? He said it should be better by now and-"

Rosemary cut him off by cupping his face and softly pressing her lips against his. His hands slid down her shoulders and wrapped around her torso, hugging her close but still being gentle with her. When they pulled away Rosemary and Reggie still had their foreheads pressed together, a soft smile tugging at Rosemary's lips.

"I'm fine, Reg," Rosemary assured the bigger, worried boy. "Now, let's hurry up and get to school before it starts snowing even more."

Rosemary pressed another soft kiss on his lips before getting up, zipping up her winter coat as she eyed the snowflakes that drifted from the sky. Her injuries were healing up, but she still looked like she was in pain. Her nose had a scar on its bridge, as did her lip. The bridge of her nose was still a little crooked and probably would be for the rest of her life. Under her eyes were faint purple bruises, but they were a lot more faded now so she was able to cover them with concealer.

The two quickly paid for their food and drove to school, Reggie blasting the radio as they snag loudly to whatever song came on. When they walked into the school hand-in-hand, they caught everyone's eye. Sure, Reggie and Rosemary's relationship was well known to every Riverdale High student, but recently the two had become more of a couple and less of just make out buddies. Instead of heavily groping each other as they tried to swallow each other's faces in the hallways, their kisses had become softer and sweeter. They no longer groped at each other, but instead held hands or hugged. They were beginning to become an actual serious couple.