XLV

Who Done It?

Who Done It?

            ⧊            

"My dad's bee lying to me his whole life," Jughead told Betty and Rosemary as the try of them stared at their 'Murder Board', as Jughead liked to call it. "But he's never been any good at it. I saw it in his eyes. He didn't do it."

"Same with my mom," Rosemary nodded, walking over to the desk Jughead leaned against and sitting on it next to him, his arm snaking around her waist. "Except she doesn't try to hide it. She makes it just obvious enough for me to know... She didn't kill Jason Blossom.

"So," Betty shrugged. "Why lie? Why are they protecting?"

Rosemary sighed, shaking her head and taking a deep, shaky breath.

"Okay," Jughead sighed as he stepped forwards. "Who can we rule out?"

"My dad," Bety nodded as she walked forwards and took down his picture and name. "We know why he was acting so shady. He was the one to take all of Sheriff Keller's evidence the night of the drive in to hide Cooper-Blossom incest."

"What?" Rosemary gasped. Betty sent her a sad nod.

"Yeah," Betty sighed as she threw away the first name and picture. "Jason and Polly were like third cousins by blood. How disgusting is that?"

"Horrendous," Rosemary muttered, glaring at the board. "Hermione. Veronica says she's guilty of plenty, but not murder. Plus, she has an alibi. She was in New York."

"So," Jughead sighed. "That just leaves Hiram Lodge-"

"And Clifford and Penelope Blossom," Betty added.

"Both disgusting answers if either is true," Rosemary cringed as she stared at the family picture of the Blossoms, which sent a shiver down her spine.

Yes, Cheryl was her friend but her family always gave her the creeps. Their cult-like family made Rosemary feel sick to her stomach. She knew of the deep emotional abuse Penelope Blossom and Clifford Blossom had on their kids. It was mostly the reason why Cheryl was how she was. Because her parents are the same way only ten times worse.

"Well," Alice Cooper sighed as she walked into the office. "What do we have here? You three just can't leave well enough alone, can you?"

"Mom, we know what you're going to say," Betty rolled her eyes as all three teenagers turned.

Rosemary faced Alice by sitting cross-legged on the desk and Jughead leaned against her, his arms hugging her from behind with his forehead resting on her shoulder.

"The police found another dead body," Alice shrugged as she put down her back.

"Okay," Jughead frowned as he looked at Alice in confusion. "Maybe not that."