St. Mungo's: Year 5

St. Mungo's, just as Ginny had promised, was absolutely fascinating. They were being escorted by Mad-Eye and Professor Lupin to the hospital in Mundungus's enchanted, 'borrowed,' car. The entrance absolutely blew her away with how discreet it was, stepping through the glass window of the abandoned clothing store.

The reception area was pleasantly decorated for the holidays with the floating lights scarlet and gold, washing the sterile area in festive colors. Holly was strung around the doorways and snowy Christmas trees in all the corners with bright gold stars atop all of them. Witches and wizards wandered around the space in lime green robes with clipboards in hand asking questions and jotting down notes every now and then. Amisty stood on tiptoe, gazing over Ginny's shoulder to catch sight of the emblem, a crossed wand a bone. Healers.

There was a blonde witch sitting behind the counter, looking in a relatively good mood considering she was working during the holiday. Several posters hang behind her with slogans plastered everywhere like:

A clean cauldron keeps potions from becoming poisons!

Antidotes are anti-don'ts unless approved by a qualified healer!

"Family argument, eh?" She asked, smirking at the witch in front of her who seemed to have a walnut jammed up her nose. "You're the third I've seen today... Spell Damage, fourth floor..."

Amisty looked around, her eyes wide. The witch from Dumbledore's office was hanging on the wall.

Dilys Derwent

St. Mungo's Healer 1722-1741

Headmistress of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 1741-1768

She smiled when she caught Amisty's eye, her silver ringlets shifting slightly and catching the light, then nodded over at the floor guide.

Artifact Accidents .................................................................................. Ground Floor

(Cauldron explosion, wand backfiring, broom crashes, etc.)

Creature-Induced Injuries ..................................................................... First Floor

(Bites, stings, burns, embedded spines, etc.)

Magical Bugs ............................................................................................ Second Floor

(Contagious maladies, e.g., dragon pox, vanishing sickness, scrofungulus)

Potion and Plant Poisoning ................................................................ Third Floor

(Rashes, regurgitation, uncontrollable giggling, etc.)

Spell Damage .......................................................................................... Fourth Floor

(Unliftable jinxes, hexes, and incorrectly applied charms, etc.)

Visitors' Tearoom and Hospital Shop.............................................. Fifth Floor

If you are unsure where to go, incapable of normal speech, or unable to remember why you are here, our Welcome Witch will be pleased to help.

Mrs. Weasley led the way, Hermione dragging Amisty along and away from all of her gawking. Famous healers lined the hallways with crystal bubbles illuminated with candles floating around the building. Lime green robes billowed out around at the corner of her eye as Healers bustled around the hospital. They entered the "Creature-Induced Injuries" corridor and then entered a doorway labeled with 'Dangerous" Dai Llewellyn Ward: Serious Bites. A card had the handwritten words: Healer-in-Charge: Hippocrates Smethwyck, Trainee Healer: Augustus Pye.