Raven Wings: Year 5

Susan and Hannah raced up to Amisty when she first walked into the Room of Requirement. She started back in surprise, almost falling back into a pile of cushions.

"Er, hi!" She grinned hesitantly.

"I just want you to know, Amisty," Hannah met her gaze with a solemn expression, "that I fully support you no matter what, and that Pansy Parkinson deserved what she got."

Amisty blinked.

"And," Susan clasped her hands in hers, "that you are amazing and anyone who says otherwise is wrong."

She smiled, a bright, real one, "Thank you. Really. I appreciate that a lot."

"If anyone gives you trouble just let us know," Hannah added, leaning forward and kissing her cheek. "You don't deserve all that."

Amisty blushed, "T-thanks, Hannah."

"You know," Susan commented, taking a good look at her, "I wish you kept what you did to your eyes. Gold looked good on you."

The night of Amisty's meeting with Umbridge, the gold hue had shrunken to a ring around her pupil yet again. She had a vague idea of why, and she almost cried because of it.

Hannah opened her mouth then bit her lip, rocking from foot to foot.

"Do you want to see me shift?" Amisty asked.

"Yeah... sorry," Hannah smiled sheepishly. "It's just... I've never seen a wolf before and I thought it'd be pretty cool -- "

"Just... give me a moment," Amisty grinned, walking over to where Hermione was skimming through another book. "Hey -- "

"Susan and Hannah want to see you shift?"

"How'd you know?" Amisty exclaimed.

"Just made an assumption," Hermione shrugged, picking up her wand. "Is that meeting making it hard to shift?"

Amisty sighed, "Yeah."

Hermione was clearly expecting to hear more, but she didn't press. They walked back to where Susan and Hannah were waiting. Amisty stepped back and Hermione pointed her wand at her.

"Lupus Estaria!"

White flash and she was much smaller than before. Amisty curled her tail around her paws and looked up at them, tilting her head.

"Wow!" Susan knelt down, her eyes wide. "That's amazing!"

"I don't really know if this is appropriate but you look so cute!" Hannah beamed. "Oh my goodness."

Amisty's tail wagged and her ears heated up at the compliment. She nudged Hermione's knee.

"Lupus Estaria!"

And she was back to human.

"Thank you, Amisty!" Susan smiled. "That really was amazing."

Hannah nodded enthusiastically.

Susan hugged her tight and then the two girls joined Justin and Ernie, who were chatting in the corner.

"We're practicing Patronuses again, today!" Harry announced as the door clicked shut behind Cho.

There was a murmur of happy remarks and smiling expressions were traded through the group. They had started Patronuses a few weeks ago. Almost everyone had managed to get a misty silver haze, and a few had even gotten a corporeal Patronus.

"Let's split up around the room," Harry continued, waiting as everyone got into position. "Remember, the key is to think of your happiest memory and channel it into your magic. The incantation is Expecto Patronum!"