Bickering Boys: Year 5

Every single fifth year seemed to be on the verge of insanity due to all the studying and nervous talks about the O.W.L.s. Madame Pomfrey was steadily running out of Calming Draughts due to the amount of them flooding into the hospital wing after breakdowns when studying took a turn for the worse. Amisty herself was resisting the urge to ask for any, knowing full well that Madame Pomfrey was very strict about limiting the amount of potions Amisty consumed because of the danger of an overdose since she was already taking Moonlight daily. Not to mention there wasn't a complete record of what she could and couldn't take. Out of curiosity, however, she asked Professor McGonagall if Polyjuice worked for Wolf Borns out on a whim and ended up learning that yes, they could, but by no means should Amisty ever consider trying to impersonate another person.

Amisty told Hermione the second she got back to the common room. Oops.

"Am," Harry plopped down on the couch next to her and practically dragging the Herbology textbook away from her, "you've been staring at that thing for the past three hours, put it down for at least five minutes. Even Hermione thinks it's excessive."

"Harry~" She whined, reaching out for the book and utterly failing at reaching it when he lifted it up high up above her head. "I'm studying to be a Healer!"

"And you've been staring at the same page for the past thirty minutes," He countered. "C'mon, five minutes. All I'm asking."

She frowned at him. He didn't budge.

With a dramatic groan, she relented, "Fine!"

"Finally," He grinned and set the book back down on the counter. "I can actually see your face, for once."

"Oh, shut up," She scowled, punching his shoulder rather pathetically. "This is important!"

"Who are you and what have you done with Amisty River?" He teased, nudging her with his elbow. "I don't need another Hermione breathing down my neck about studying."

"I just need to get an 'O' in Potions," She sighed, leaning against him as he wrapped and arm around her shoulders. "Proving a point and all that."

"A point about what?" Harry asked.

"Well, you know," She shrugged nonchalantly, "proving that just because I'm not that normal of a witch doesn't mean I can't be a good Healer."

Harry quirked an eyebrow, "That's ridiculous."

Amisty bristled, "Excuse me for trying to pursue a career that -- "

"Woah!" Harry held up his hands as if he were surrendering. "Not what I meant."

"Sorry," Amisty sighed, rubbing her temples and relaxing. He ruffled her hair affectionately and replaced his arm. "I'm a little worked up about all this."

"I couldn't tell," He smiled.

"How's O.W.L. season been treating you?" She asked, turning the spotlight onto him.

"It could be better," Harry admitted with a sigh, sinking into the couch, seizing the thick, flannel blanket Eli had given Amisty from the arm, and throwing it over the two of them. "Crazy and stressful, but manageable if I try not to think about it too hard."

"What're the requirements for the Auror program?"

"Five N.E.W.T.s," Harry replied, poking her shoulder lightly with as he counted off each subject. She stifled her laughter. It tickled.

"Professor McGonagall recommended Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, and Potions. I think I'm gonna take Care of Magical Creatures, too."