Quidditch Tryouts: Year 6

As the four of them walked down to the Quidditch pitch, they passed Lavender and Parvati, who were whispering with very concerned expressions. That is until Ron came into view. Parvati jabbed Lavender in the side with her elbow, and Lavender turned with a beaming smile. Amisty's eyebrow quirked. Ron returned the smile hesitantly, and once they passed his slouch snapped into a strut.

Turning to Hermione, fully expecting an opportunity to poke fun, but instead, Amisty was greeted with a frighteningly stony expression. Once they reached the stadium, hair frizzing up with the drizzle coming down, Hermione went up to the stands without a whisper of good luck.

"Well," Amisty looked over her shoulder, affronted by her friend's sudden change in mood, "good luck, Ron, you'll do wonderful."

He nodded stiffly, gripping his broomstick so tightly his knuckles turned white. She smiled and rushed up to join Hermione.

"What's up with you?" She whispered, jabbing the brunette in the side.

"Nothing," Hermione huffed, arms crossed tightly. "I'm fine."

"Yeah, right," She replied dryly.

Unimpressed, Hermione huffed again and turned her attention onto the pitch, blatantly ignoring Amisty's probing expression.

Harry seemed to have fallen very comfortably into the Captain position, directing the groups and silencing quarrels with a sort of natural leadership. Those few months he spent teaching the D.A. seemed to have been much more helpful than they thought. He split up the crowd of people into groups of ten, sending them flying around the pitch.

It was almost painfully amusing.

The first group consisted of all first years who seemed to have barely touched a broomstick a day in their lives. The next was a clique of girls giggling and messing around. Needless to say, they were sent off the pitch immediately. Then the third all crashed into a pile halfway through their second lap, the fourth was lacking broomsticks, and the fifth was all Hufflepuffs.

Harry, his patience wearing down, blew his whistle, "If there's anyone else here who's not from Gryffindor, leave now, please!"

Amisty rolled her eyes as several Ravenclaws rushed off the field, muffling their laughter in their scarves.

The Chaser trials were a tad more violent than Amisty was expecting. Many contestants were short-tempered, erupting into hissy fits when a play didn't go their way. At one point, a broom crashed into the ground, resulting in several broken teeth that had her clutching her jaw in sympathy. The positions went to Katie Bell, a sweet girl named Demelza Robins, and Ginny Weasley. Ginny, in particular, had Amisty and Hermione shouting support at the top of their longs from their perch on the stands. Those who didn't get picked, however, had no problem making their grievances known.

Cormac McLaggen, someone who wasn't even a trying out as a Chaser, had some choice words about Ginny as well.

"She's not even that brilliant," He scoffed, waving a dismissive hand as he talked to a Keeper hopeful. "It's all luck, they're not even trying to block her!"

Amisty glared at the back of his head, a few of her own choice words threatening to spill over.

"And her brother," He whistled lowly. "He can't block a shot to save his life. It'll be a piece of cake, honestly. Must run in the family."

Hermione and her traded glances, eyebrows quirked and lips curled as they went back to watching.

Hazel Lamark, when it came time for the Beaters tryouts, stepped onto the field with a beaming smile and tight grip on a beaten up broomstick.