Teasing and Studying: Year 5

"I still blame you for losing that Quidditch game, by the way," Draco drawled, tracing lazy circles on the back of her hand. They were sitting just inside the Forbidden Forest, out of view from everyone.

"That's ridiculous," Amisty scoffed, tilting her head back to look at him and almost flinching at the wounded expression on his face. "I had nothing to do with your performance and you know it."

"You can't imagine the utter pain and disappointment I felt when I go out there on the field and couldn't catch a glimpse of you at all," He replied, face completely serious. "And when we land once it's over, you weren't even there to support me when I'm sulking."

"Oh come on -- "

He frowned at her pathetically, whispering in a broken voice, "Absolutely crushing."

Amisty's heart twinged.

"Draco..."

"I was considering quitting Quidditch right then and there," He managed a pout for about five seconds before his lips twitched up into a smirk.

"You arse!" She hissed, slapping his chest and glaring up at him. "That's mean!"

"You're an awful liar," He laughed, pulling her wrists away and effectively halting her attacks. "And you can't tell when someone's lying. You're hopeless."

"And you're mean!" She countered angrily. "Don't do that! I can't believe you."

"Aw, c'mon, love," He smiled, pressing a sweet kiss to her forehead. "You know I'm teasing."

"You're so lucky I don't have my wand close by," She muttered darkly.

"Stinging Hex?"

"Oh, you bet it."

He laughed again and gave a half-hearted tug on her hair, "Have you ever considered actually cutting this?"

"Never got around to it," Amisty admitted, shrugging. "It's not like you don't play with it every other second."

"Very true," He grinned.

"How come?"

"Just wondering," It's his turn to shrug. "It'd be quite the shock to have you come back next year with half of it missing. Might make you look like a whole 'nother person."

Amisty raised an eyebrow, "Are you telling me that you wouldn't want to date me if I cut my hair short? That's awfully shallow, even for a Malfoy."

"No!" Draco spluttered. "Of course not! Why would you even consider that?!"

She shrugged, looking down at her hands and refusing to meet his gaze, "I guess it's just because you're surrounded by these pureblood girls who could almost be princesses if they tried hard enough, and to be honest, that seems much more appealing than a street orphan without a nickel to her name."

Her gaze flickered up to him hesitantly, a frown tugging on the corners of her mouth.

Draco's eyebrows knitted together in concern.

"Amisty, you know that I -- "

She smiled serenely.

Realization dawned on his face. He scowled at her.

"Revenge is sweet, darling Draco," She winked.

»»————- ♡ -————««

Hermione, Harry, and Amisty finally managed to drag Ron outside of the common room to tell him the news about Grawp. He had been hesitant to leave, and Amisty couldn't blame him. Outbursts of the newly improved 'Weasley Is Our King' were a daily occurrence, and everywhere he went he got pat on the back or a compliment.