31. Papa's Pastries

Hlo darlings

ENJOY READING 💖💖💖
__________________________

"Abi, Avu, please sleep my shona. You both are awake since afternoon." Anika tried to put both the babies to sleep. She was talking to them as if they would understand her. The moment they said 'Ma', She started talking to them as if they have learned the entire Oxford dictionary.

Both the babies were not going to sleep because they wanted to sit with Shivaay, who was sick. He had an important meeting so he went to office, even in the heavy rains. His car broke down and to top that off, his phone's battery had died. So he came home completely drenched. He was already sneezing when he entered the mansion and was looking hell tired. He couldn't speak to anyone and left for their room.

Abi and Avu, were really sad on seeing Shivaay like that. From the morning itself, both of them didn't want Shivaay to go away from them. They kept clinging to Shivaay, for a change. It was surprising for everyone. They didn't want Shivaay to go out as if they already knew he would fall sick. Shivaay himself didn't want to go when, his sweethearts wanted him to stay with them, but the deal was extremely important.

Now, when Shivaay had fever, cold and a severe headache, he slept due to the tiredness. When he had come to their room, he had seen his sweethearts smiling and cooing seeing him. He forgot everything for a moment. He desperately wanted to play with his cutiepies but he couldn't.

Anika was putting wet cloth on Shivaay's forhead to reduce the fever. Abi and Avu, both were sitting on the other side of Shivaay. Anika had made a pillow wall on the edges of the bed so they don't fall. Abi sat holding his right hand's finger in her tiny soft hands. Avu, on the other hand, was trying to help Anika in keeping the cloth on Shivaay's forhead. When Anika went to change the water, he tried to caress his papa's hair as his mumma was doing a while ago. When Anika came back along with Om, Rudra, Gauri and Bhavya, they were surprised seeing the babies' care for their dad.

"They usually don't show, but they love Shivaay bhaiya as much as they love you." Gauri said admiring the two little souls taking care of their Dad.

"Yes bhabhi, Shivaay says, they are like you. But the truth is, they are like Shivaay, in everything. They care for everyone like Shivaay does, but don't show it openly." Said Om to Anika who was a silent admirer and so were Rudra and Bhavya.

Seeing Shivaay sleeping Om, Rudra, Gauri and Bhavya left from there and Anika went towards Shivaay to see if his fever reduced or not. Abi kept her head on Shivaay's stomach while still holding his pinky finger. Avu kept stroking Shivaay's face time and again. Anika tried to put Abi to sleep but she didn't sleep.

It was midnight and Shivaay's fever was gone, owing to his caring wife and super loving children. He slowly opened his eyes. Anika was trying to find some medicines so she didn't notice that he was awake, but Abi and Avu noticed it.

"Pa..Paa, Maa...Pa..paa.." Both the little sweethearts chirped like the birds do in the morning. They tried to draw their Mumma's attention towards Shivaay who saw them lovingly, but when Anika didn't notice, they started saying 'Papa' to call her.

Anika was surprised hearing this. When they had said 'Ma' for the first time, Shivaay tried almost everything to hear 'papa' from their mouth, but they kept saying Ma Ma. And now, they said it just like that. "One more quality like their papa, Unpredictability" thought, a smiling Anika.

Shivaay, on the other hand was on cloud nine after hearing them calling him Papa. When he took them in his arms for the first time, he felt immense happiness, He thought, he would never feel happier than this. But, he was proven wrong. He was feeling the happiest. He raised his hand to touch his gems, to feel this happiness even more. He tried to get up and Anika helped him to sit properly. He took Avu and Abi in his embrace. Both of them immidiately cuddled into him as if drawing the fatherly warmth out of him.

Shivaay caressed their hair and kissed the top of their head while still hugging them. Avu and Abi fell asleep the moment they were in Shivaay's embrace, perhaps, they knew that their Dad was fine now, or because they felt his fatherly hug very warm and peaceful.

"They called me P...papa, did you hear that, Anika ? They called me papa." Shivaay said to Anika while his gaze was still fixed on his munchkins who were fast asleep. His tears were clearly visible to Anika.

"Yes, I heard that. You know, you think they love me more, but today I realised that they love both of us, not only that, but they love the family also. They were so restless when you were not well. They even helped me in taking good care of you. That's why they were awake till now. When they saw you fine, now they're sleeping peacefully. PAPA'S LOVELY PASTRIES" Anika chuckled at the end.

"How am I gonna ever pay you back for making me feel so happy, for giving me these gems, Anika ?" Shivaay asked earnestly while staring in her magical brown orbs.

"We can never be thankful enough to God for sending these two angels in our lives, Shiv. We both are so lucky to have them in our life, I am so lucky to have YOU in my life." Anika said. Then she kissed Abi and Avu's heads and caressed their hair again and again. "What about giving a good night kiss to their papa too ?" Shivaay said with his best smile.

Anika smiled at his antics and pecked his cheeks one by one. He made a cute pout as he expected the kiss somewhere else but Anika, like a strict and caring wife, asked him to sleep.

She made him lay down properly but Abi and Avu still didn't leave him so he slept with them in his arms.

__________________________
Hope you all liked the update. Do vote and give your reviews.

Love you all a lot 💕💕💕