Chapter III

"That is so boring!" I turn my head away to Sofia and roll my eyes as Miligan gives up another lecture on 'making our personalities pop'. "And Skylar, I don't know what you are doing, but you need to focus or I don't know if I can keep you on this team."

I see Skylar rolling her eyes at her words as well. None of us take her seriously. That's probably rude of all of us, but after what went around last year about her, it's not only hard to believe she still has her job, but it's hard to believe she thinks she'll gain any respect from anyone in the school.

"From the top! And none of ya'll are leaving until you get this segment right!"

I give everyone in the gym a death glare. I have other things to do other than cheerleading. If one person is the reason I don't have enough time to do what I have to do, is going to face my wrath. And to be honest, they should all be scared of me.

And thanfully they all took my silent message to heart, and we were out of there my 4:00. I rush back to the locker room and grab my bag from my locker. But before I leave, I've got to get Emma from the library.

After school every single day, Emma and her boyfriend Christopher stay after school in the library with each other to do schoolwork, or whatever they do. I've got to admit, they're an adorable couple, and Chris is a total gentleman. I would defintely consider dating someone if all the boys in the world, or at least my high school, acted like him. Mr. and Mrs. Bennett definitely raised him right.

"Emma hurry up, I need to get back home!" I urge her. She rolls her eyes, but doesn't argue with me, which is what I like about Emma. If I were with Holden he would come back with some smartass comment.

I watch as they say goodbye to each other. It's always the same, but I can't help but silently giggle at them. He always puts one hand to her cheek, and one hand over her's. Again, they are the cutest thing.

They pull apart and Emma walks beside me to the car. The first year Emma came to the school, we would always get strange looks from other kids coming home from other activities. For obvious reasons, I suppose. People who don't really know me don't know Holden and Emma are my siblings, and Emma and I look nothing alike.

"When are you going to bring Chris over again?" I tease.

"Not until Dad chills out. I'm not looking to have a repeat of the first dinner."

"Come on Em, it wasn't that bad" I reassure, giving myself away giggling.

"It was so embarrassing! I couldn't believe he would ask a fourteen year old boy what he thought of the latest law practices!" I see her shake her head. "Who asks a kid that? So until Dad doesn't cools it, I'm not bringing hm back over."

"Mom was sort of protecting him."

"Amanda you need to shut it. You've never had a boyfriend, or a 'thing' to have Mom and Dad embarrass you in front of." Pulling up to the house she gets out of the car as soon as my car hits the garage.

I suppose she's right. The only guys I've brought over the house were for parties, and I was never in a relationship with any of them. But that still doesn't mean I don't like it when my brother or sister's girlfriend or boyfriendcomes over and are interviewed by my Mom or Dad.

But that's not my problem. What is my problem is my foul-smelling body and empty stomach. Lucky for me, I smell something wonderful my lovely mother had cooked for dinner.

"Hi Mama" I greet her grabbing a water from the fridge.

"Het sweetie, how was your first day of senior year?" she asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "It was fine, I guess."

"There was nothing fun that happened?"

"No, not really." I say. "I'm going to take a shower. What time is dinner?"