Chapter XXV

Today I simply can't take it any longer. There's only so many complaints a preson could listen to before they went crazy.

"I just don't understand him. He tells me he loves me, then goes and talks to other girls when I'm not there," Sofia continues on for the fourth time about Jon. I know he's a piece of shit, but this time she's just being dramatic.

"He was asking her for help with homework, Sof," I tell her, also for the fourth time.

"I could have helped him!" she whines.

"You've never taken the class. You don't even know the first thing about accounting," I try and reason with her. I look up at the clock on the wall and see we've only been in class for ten minutes. I can't beleive how tired I am of this conversation after only ten minutes.

"Does it matter? He could have asked me first, and then one of the guys in his class. Why did he have to ask a girl?"

"Maybe because she knew what she was doing? Sofia why would he even go after Molly? She has a boyfriend," her inability to listen to reason is infuriating sometimes.

"So what?" she snaps and I'm done with her shit. She needs to hear the hard cold truth.

"So what? If you really don't have that much faith in Jon maybe you shouldn't be dating him. Obviously you don't trust him to even be in the presence of another girl without fliritng with her, so if you really think like that way then talk to him because this looks like something only the two of you can figure out. I love you Sof, but I can't keep giving you the same speech over and over again when you think he's doing something wrong," I tell her, now winded from my long rant. It's all true though, and she had to know. I can't keep babysitting the two of them, I can't keep listening to the same problems that are clearly toxic between them. Not to be rude, but it's not really my problem. The first few times I had played therapist for Sofia, but now I can't stand her talking about him. She needs to talk to him and they need to evaluate their relationship by themselves.

"I do trust him! I was jut asking for your advice! I didn't know that was a crime!" she begins to yell at me. I'm not having that.

"Then act like it! All your problems with him are you thinking he's talking to another girl behind your back or cheating on you. Have you ever really talked to him about this? Or have you just broken up with him over your own allegations against him? Grow a pair and talk to your boyfriend. He told you he loves you right? Show him you love him and have enough respect to speak face to face with him," I end my speech getting up from her bed and grab my keys from the dresser. I sigh with my hand on the doorknob.

"Think about what I said. I only want you to be happy Sof," I walk out of her room silently and close the door behind me.

I get into my car and slumped into my seat and just sit there. I'm so frustrated with her I could strangle the two of them, but I'm finished with this drama. Sofia may be my best friend, but she needs to figure this one out on her own. I've given her so much advice with this kid, and has she taken any of it? No, of course she didn't, because why talk it out when you can just constantly complain about him?

I really need a drink. No I don't, I really can't be thinking that way. Illegal, not good for my health. But so tempting.

Nope, not going there.

I continue down the street to my house, stewing to music, ranting to no one, and making sure all the steam has worn off before I park in the garage. My parents are in a mood because of Holden, and I really don't need to have extra steam walking into the house.

When I walk into the house I can already hear Holden trashing his room again in a rage that is unmatched to anyone else I've encountered. I'm not sure what had happened, but it could be anything at this point. It seems anything that doesn't go his way makes him go bazerk. It makes the whole house tense and uncomfortable, oe of the reasons why I don't spend that much time in the same place as my brother.

When I reach the top floor Holden was already in my face at the top of the stairs. His stare was intense, and for the first time I was afraid of him.

"I don't need your fucking help. Sending your boyfriend to talk to me about my problems? You told him? That's fucking embarrassing. You have no idea what it's like. No one hates you. Stay out of my fucking business!" he screams at me.

My heart is racing and my eyes are stinging. Holden and I of course have had out disagreements. We've bickered like normal siblings, but never in my life had he screamed in my face like he did now.

"Get out of my way," I snarl, not waiting for him to move and just pushing past him making a beeline to my room. He's my little brother and I love him so much... but I hate him more than anything at the moment.

I close the door gently and let Charlie enter with me, needing the love of my pup right now. I flop onto my bed, and Charlie climbs on with me, and I put my face in his soft fur and cry for all I was worth. I try with him, I really do. I don't always make an effort I admit, but it's because when I do he acts like this. I don't even know what I do wrong, I just always do something he doesn't like.

I don't want to give up on him, I don't think I ever will, but sometimes there's only so much I can take.

I wipe my eyes and slump over to the bathroom to look in the mirror. I look like a disaster with my eyes already puffing and the prominent veins  making my eyes look glassy.

I just need Marcus.

I call him up and he answers within three rings.

"Amanda?" he questions through the phone.

"Can I come over? Or can we meet somewhere?" I ask, forcing my voice to not shake.

"Is something wrong? Do we need to talk?" he sounds worried.

"No, we're fine, I just want to be with you," I reassure him and he sighs through the phone.

"Okay. I'm home now, I'll let my dad know you're coming," he replies.

"Thank you," I say before hanging up. I open the door quietly, and listen for Holden in the hallway. I sigh when I hear him down the hall playing video games in his room. I sneak out of the house, send my mom a text, and drive away.