eight

Maggie

"Ashlee." I say knocking on her door. It surprisingly opens. I see a totally destroyed Ashlee before me. She's almost a different person.

"Oh my gosh!" I sigh cupping her face. "Did you stay up all night." She nods her head as a tear falls down her cheek. "Babe!" I say pulling her into a hug.

After a good long minute of hugging, I pull away before walking into her room and shutting the door.

"So I guess you're not going to rehearsal tonight." I ask pulling her over to her bed. She just shakes her head a mutters a no so quietly I'm surprised I even heard it.

"Well, I have some news that might cheer you up." I smile.

She doesn't say anything just looks at me with the slightest bit of hope.

"I'm going on a date tonight." I tell her. She gives me her weakest smile, I could still tell it was genuine.

"Who with?" She asks.

"Harry." I say. "He's picking me up after rehearsal and he's taking me to dinner."

"Well," She says standing up and going to her closet. "You don't want to dress up too fancy but you still want to look good."

I chuckle at how her mood completely changed. "He told me not to dress too fancy." I tell her.

"Perfect!" She says pulling something out of her closet and throwing it at me. It was a denim skirt. She continues to throw a striped crop top and a jean jacket. "And you can wear your VANS with that. Not high tops, though!" I laugh at her before putting on the outfit.

I didn't care to change in front of Ashlee. She's my best friend and sister. And besides, are you even really besties if you've never changed in front of one another before?

After I put the outfit on and go get my shoes, Ashlee pulls me over to her makeup vanity, once again turning on the extremely bright lights. She stands behind me her hands on my shoulders. I smile at her before turning to her.

"Ash, you don't have to do this." I tell her. "You really need rest and if you don't want to do this, then I'm fine with that! I can do my own makeup!" I say.

"I'm totally fine with it, lovie!" She smiles at me. I smile back before turning around to let her work her magic.

After about half an hour, she's done with my makeup. She didn't do much, concealer, bronzer, highlighter, brows, eyeshadow, mascara, and a little bit of lipstick.

We left my hair in its natural state. Wavy.

I look at my phone to check the time

I look at my phone to check the time. It was 3:45 which meant I had to leave in fifteen minutes to be able to get to the theater on time.

"Do you want me to drive you to rehearsal?" Ashlee asks.