nine

Maggie

Rehearsal seemed to take forever. And since  Ashlee wasn't there I read for her part as well. We're putting on a performance of The Outsiders which is my favorite book/movie. I'm playing Cherry and Ashlee is playing Marcia.

I text Harry letting him know that rehearsal is over. He reply's telling me he's almost there.

We got out of rehearsal at 6:40 which is unusual because we usually run later than 7.

"Alright, girlie!" Perrie says coming up to me breaking me out of my thoughts. "Have fun on your date!"

"But not too much fun!" Marcus reminds me.

"Thanks guys." I laugh.

We say our goodbyes and then they leave me outside all by myself.

I stand all alone on the steps of the theater for a few minutes thinking the worst of the situation.

Did he stand me up? What if he got in an accident while he was texting me? Did someone else get into an accident and now he can't get here on time?

I can't help but think of the worst in situations like this. It happens when I get nervous.

Seconds later, a black Range Rover pulls up into the parking lot. I know that's him because I saw that car in his driveway when I walked by his house the other day. I smile to myself before running over to the car.

He gets out of the car before pulling me into a tight hug. His scent fills my nose. He smells like heaven on earth.

"How are you, love?" He asks me pulling away.

"I'm great!" I smile as he opens my door. I turn to look at the door of the theater to see Grammy Kath standing there smiling at me. I wave to her before climbing into the car. "How are you?" I ask as Harry gets into the driver's seat."

"I'm good." He smiles at me.

"That's my grandma. I call her Grammy Kath." I tell him pointing to my grandmother who's still standing there looking at us. "She's also the director of the play."

"Oh, cool! Is she your dad's mum?" He asks starting the car.

"Yeah, she's a pretty cool grandma." I laugh before buckling up. He laughs as well pulling away.

We've been driving for about fifteen minutes, just having a casual conversation.

"You look beautiful by the way." He glances at me before turning to look back at the road. I feel my cheeks burn from his comment.

"Thank you." I laugh. "You don't look to bad yourself."

He was wearing a black long sleeved shirt, black skinny jeans and worn out brown boots.