twenty

Ashlee

The boys are coming home! For a few days anyway

The boys are coming home! For a few days anyway. They're going to give a personal concert to Selena to make up for saving Maggie's life. And it was all Harry's idea.

"Hi, lovey!" I smile as I open the door to meet Selena. "You look cute!"

She was wearing a red sundress with little flowers all over it. It a low v-neck and she paired the dress with a white pair of sneakers. Her hair was just slightly wavy, just perfect for the famous beach waves.

"Hi!" She smiles pulling me into a hug. "And thank you! You look great yourself."

I was wearing a t-shirt tucked into a high waisted denim skirt with some little heeled booties, my hair up in a high ponytail.

"Are you ready for the best day of your life?" I ask, pulling away from the hug.

"Um, I get to meet my favorite director and my favorite band all in one day... let's just say I'm pretty pumped." She says.

We both laugh and I lead her inside.

"You're house is so nice!" She tells me, examining the space.

"Thank you!" I smile. "The boys aren't here yet, but they should be any minute now."

"That's fine." She tells me.

"Hi, Selena!" Maggie smiles running down the stairs looking perfect as always.

She was wearing a black sweater, tucked into black ripped jeans, and white converse. Her hair was also waved in perfect ringlets.

"Hi! I love your home!" Selena says, pulling Maggie into a hug.

"Awe, thank you!" Maggie smiles. "So while we're waiting for the boys do you want to meet our dad?"

"Is that even a question?" Selena gasps. "Of course!"

"Well then step right this way!" I say, linking arms with her on her right side, Maggie doing the same on her left.

We led her into Dad's office where he always sits and writes when he has the perfect idea for a movie.

"Knock, knock!" Maggie said opening the door. "We have a special guest who would love to meet you."

"You must be Selena." Dad smiled getting up from his desk and walking around to greet her. "I'm Steve."

"It's nice to meet you, sir! Your work is incredible!" Selena says shaking his hand.

"Please, call me Steve. And thank you for helping Maggie out the other day." He pulled Maggie into a headlock. "She needs all the help she can get." He says giving her a "knuckle sandwich" as they call it.

"Dad..." Maggie giggles.

I stood back and watched in silence. Sometimes, seeing fathers having interactions with their daughters, such as Maggie and Steve, make me sad. Don't get me wrong, I hate my biological dad with a passion, but that's something I've missed out on my whole life. I'm very thankful for Steve and he's more of a father than my read dad was, but it's important for a girl to have a father figure. I just wished I had it.