ten

Ashlee

It had been a couple of days since I was back to "normal". Of course I was still off and only laughed sarcastically when Mum told me I looked beautiful.

Their words meant nothing anymore now. I didn't feel beautiful or worthy to be loved. I felt like an outsider. I was stuck in my body with no control of it, only being able to watch myself fall into a pit of loneliness and depression.

I got a call from an unknown number, the day I decided to get up and start my life.

"Is this Ashlee?" The voice was very deep. Nothing like Louis'.

"Yes... who is this?" I asked, putting the phone on speaker as I started my makeup.

"My name is Zayn. I'm a friend or Louis'. Apparently you blocked his number. But, he gave it to me so we could-"

"Listen, I don't want anything to do with Louis Tomlinson. He is cruel, cold hearted, and trash. I don't want to spend another minute with that bloke." I snapped, tossing my mascara a little.

"I apologize, but he would like to talk. Just to explain what happened." Zayn told me, his voice sincere.

I sighed, blending my foundation. "Fine. I'll meet him. He gets five minutes of my time." I said, before hanging up.

-

I gave him longer than five.

After Louis explained, I told him my side. Louis looked completely broken and continued to apologize over and over again for the past hour.

We spent the hour sitting in his living room. I wore a sweatshirt and shorts with Tommy Hilfiger socks. My hair was down, covering my face that was in my daily makeup.

"Louis, please stop apologizing," I said softly, feeling really tired. I had only gotten seven hours of sleep in the past three days. "It's olay..." I slurred.

"Olay? Ash? Hey? Love, look at me. Look- Liam! Niall! Zayn! She's-"

And that was all I heard, before I passed out.

-

When I woke up, Louis was standing by the bed. He looked distressed and worried, tugging at his hair.

"Louis..." I closed my eyes, the light in the room too bright for me.

Louis immediately sat beside me, holding my hand. "Love? Speak to me." He whispered.

"Light... hurt." I groaned, turning my head to face him, away from the light.

Louis kissed my forehead and got up, closing the blinds, darkening the room.

"Louis?" I called, opening my eyes a bit. Louis stood on the other side of the bed, looking at me. "Lay down? Please?"

Louis climbed in slowly, laying beside me. I moved closer to him, wrapping his arm around my waist, cuddling him. "Hold me?" I whispered.

Louis nodded, pulling me closer to him. His warmth and scent was inviting, bringing me to sleep. But I had to ask, "how long was I out?"