eighteen

Harry

I'm seeing Maggie today, and I've never been more nervous in my life. More nervous than I ever was on the X-Factor. More nervous than I was when we released our first album. I genuinely care about
Maggie–not that I didn't or don't care about the other things–and I'm so mad at myself for letting things get this bad.

I can see myself having a future with Maggie. That's never happened with any other girl before.

If I lose Maggie, I don't know what I'll do. There is no one on this planet that I would rather be with than her. And I mean that.

"Harry?!" A girl who looks to be about 15 comes up to me, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hi!" I give her the realest smile I possibly can.

"I'm so sorry to bother you, but can I take a picture with you?" She asks.

"Of course! And you're not bothering me." I tell her.

She smiles and pulls out her phone.

I lean over and smile for the picture. She takes about three and then puts her phone back in her pocket.

"Thank you so much!" She smiles.

"No problem!" I say standing up to hug her.

"Um, random question, but are you and Taylor still together?" She asks.

I pause for a minute.

"No." I tell her. "No, we're not."

"Oh." She looks shocked. "Well, if you don't mind me saying this, I never liked her anyways."

I chuckle in response. "What's your name?" I ask.

"Carley." She smiles.

"It was nice to see you, Carley. Have a safe trip home, okay?" I tell her.

"Okay, you too!" She smiles and runs back to her seat on the plane.

Just then I got a call from Ashlee.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask.

"How far out are you?" She responds.

"Um, I'll be on the plane for about thirty more minutes, and then I'll probably be about 15 from your place. Why?" I question.

"I have a plan." I can practically hear her smile over the phone.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Right now Maggie and I are at In-N-Out getting lunch, so I'll try to keep her out for as long as possible and I want you to get to our house as fast as humanly possible and hide in the theater room and surprise her." She explains.

"What if you get home early and I'm not there?" I ask.

"Shhh! Shut up!" She whisper-screams over the phone.

I do as told and wait for her to speak.

I hear a toilet flush in the background and a sink turn on.

"Okay, where was I..." She starts.

"Are you in the bathroom?" I laugh.

"Yes. It's the only place Maggie won't hear me and be questionable about it." She says.

"Mm-hm..." I say.

"Anyways," she sighs. "If we get back before you get there I'll let you know. Just text me and keep me updated." She says.

"Sounds like a plan." I tell her.

"Good. See you soon!" She says.

"See ya." I say before hanging up the phone.